Effect of Gd doping and O deficiency on the Curie temperature of EuO
KAUST DepartmentPhysical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe effect of Gd doping and O deficiency on the electronic structure, exchange interaction, and Curie temperature of EuO in the cubic and tetragonal phases is studied by means of density functional theory. For both defects, the Curie temperature is found to exhibit a distinct maximum as a function of the defect concentration. The existence of optimal defect concentrations is explained by the interplay of the on-site, RKKY, and superexchange contributions to the magnetism.
CitationEffect of Gd doping and O deficiency on the Curie temperature of EuO 2015, 5:8038 Scientific Reports
PublisherNature Publishing Group
PubMed Central IDPMC4306962
- Is there an intrinsic limit to the charge-carrier-induced increase of the Curie temperature of EuO?
- Authors: Mairoser T, Schmehl A, Melville A, Heeg T, Canella L, Böni P, Zander W, Schubert J, Shai DE, Monkman EJ, Shen KM, Schlom DG, Mannhart J
- Issue date: 2010 Dec 17
- High-Temperature Magnetism in Graphene Induced by Proximity to EuO.
- Authors: Averyanov DV, Sokolov IS, Tokmachev AM, Parfenov OE, Karateev IA, Taldenkov AN, Storchak VG
- Issue date: 2018 Jun 20
- Calculation of exchange integrals and Curie temperature for La-substituted barium hexaferrites.
- Authors: Wu C, Yu Z, Sun K, Nie J, Guo R, Liu H, Jiang X, Lan Z
- Issue date: 2016 Oct 31
- Direct observation of momentum-dependent exchange interaction in a heisenberg ferromagnet.
- Authors: Miyazaki H, Ito T, Im HJ, Yagi S, Kato M, Soda K, Kimura S
- Issue date: 2009 Jun 5
- First-principles calculation on the Curie temperature of Gd(3)NiSi(2).
- Authors: Liu XB, Altounian Z
- Issue date: 2009 Oct 14