Proteomic identification of early salicylate- and flg22-responsive redox-sensitive proteins in Arabidopsis
KAUST DepartmentBiological and Environmental Sciences and Engineering (BESE) Division
Bioscience Core Lab
Plant Stress Genomics Research Lab
Online Publication Date2015-02-27
Print Publication Date2015-08
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/346701
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAccumulation of reactive oxygen species (ROS) is one of the early defense responses against pathogen infection in plants. The mechanism about the initial and direct regulation of the defense signaling pathway by ROS remains elusive. Perturbation of cellular redox homeostasis by ROS is believed to alter functions of redox-sensitive proteins through their oxidative modifications. Here we report an OxiTRAQ-based proteomic study in identifying proteins whose cysteines underwent oxidative modifications in Arabidopsis cells during the early response to salicylate or flg22, two defense pathway elicitors that are known to disturb cellular redox homeostasis. Among the salicylate- and/or flg22-responsive redox-sensitive proteins are those involved in transcriptional regulation, chromatin remodeling, RNA processing, post-translational modifications, and nucleocytoplasmic shuttling. The identification of the salicylate-/flg22-responsive redox-sensitive proteins provides a foundation from which further study can be conducted toward understanding biological significance of their oxidative modifications during the plant defense response.
CitationProteomic identification of early salicylate- and flg22-responsive redox-sensitive proteins in Arabidopsis 2015, 5:8625 Scientific Reports
PubMed Central IDPMC4342551
- Identification of redox-sensitive cysteines in the Arabidopsis proteome using OxiTRAQ, a quantitative redox proteomics method.
- Authors: Liu P, Zhang H, Wang H, Xia Y
- Issue date: 2014 Mar
- Proteomic analysis of early-responsive redox-sensitive proteins in Arabidopsis.
- Authors: Wang H, Wang S, Lu Y, Alvarez S, Hicks LM, Ge X, Xia Y
- Issue date: 2012 Jan 1
- S-Nitroso-Proteome Revealed in Stomatal Guard Cell Response to Flg22.
- Authors: Lawrence SR 2nd, Gaitens M, Guan Q, Dufresne C, Chen S
- Issue date: 2020 Mar 1
- Identification and verification of redox-sensitive proteins in Arabidopsis thaliana.
- Authors: Wang H, Wang S, Xia Y
- Issue date: 2012
- High REDOX RESPONSIVE TRANSCRIPTION FACTOR1 Levels Result in Accumulation of Reactive Oxygen Species in Arabidopsis thaliana Shoots and Roots.
- Authors: Matsuo M, Johnson JM, Hieno A, Tokizawa M, Nomoto M, Tada Y, Godfrey R, Obokata J, Sherameti I, Yamamoto YY, Böhmer FD, Oelmüller R
- Issue date: 2015 Aug