Photoinduced modulation and relaxation characteristics in LaAlO3/SrTiO3 heterointerface
KAUST DepartmentMaterials Science and Engineering Program
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe report the modulation and relaxation characteristics in the two-dimensional electron gas system at LaAlO3/SrTiO3 heterointerface induced by the ultraviolet light illumination (365 nm). The suppression of Kondo effect at the interface illuminated by the light originates from the light irradiation-induced decoherence effect of localized states. It is interesting to note that the persistent and transient photoinduced effects are simultaneously observed and the photoinduced maximum change values in resistance are 80.8% and 51.4% at T = 20 K, respectively. Moreover, the photoinduced relaxation processes after the irradiation are systematically analyzed using the double exponential model. These results provide the deeper understanding of the photoinduced effect and the experimental evidence of tunable Kondo effect in oxides-based two-dimensional electron gas systems.
CitationPhotoinduced modulation and relaxation characteristics in LaAlO3/SrTiO3 heterointerface 2015, 5:8778 Scientific Reports
PublisherNature Publishing Group
PubMed Central IDPMC4350088
- Modulated Transport Behavior of Two-Dimensional Electron Gas at Ni-Doped LaAlO<sub>3</sub>/SrTiO<sub>3</sub> Heterointerfaces.
- Authors: Yan H, Zhang Z, Wang S, Zhang H, Chen C, Jin K
- Issue date: 2017 Nov 8
- Photoresponse dynamics in amorphous-LaAlO3/SrTiO3 interfaces.
- Authors: Di Gennaro E, Coscia U, Ambrosone G, Khare A, Granozio FM, di Uccio US
- Issue date: 2015 Feb 11
- Measurement of the femtosecond optical absorption of LaAlO3/SrTiO3 heterostructures: evidence for an extremely slow electron relaxation at the interface.
- Authors: Yamada Y, Sato HK, Hikita Y, Hwang HY, Kanemitsu Y
- Issue date: 2013 Jul 26
- Evidence for lattice-polarization-enhanced field effects at the SrTiO3-based heterointerface.
- Authors: Li Y, Zhang HR, Lei Y, Chen YZ, Pryds N, Shen B, Sun J
- Issue date: 2016 Mar 1
- Dielectric collapse at the LaAlO<sub>3</sub>/SrTiO<sub>3</sub> (001) heterointerface under applied electric field.
- Authors: Minohara M, Hikita Y, Bell C, Inoue H, Hosoda M, Sato HK, Kumigashira H, Oshima M, Ikenaga E, Hwang HY
- Issue date: 2017 Aug 25