Emergence of topological and topological crystalline phases in TlBiS2 and TlSbS2
KAUST DepartmentPhysical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractUsing first-principles calculations, we investigate the band structure evolution and topological phase transitions in TlBiS2 and TlSbS2 under hydrostatic pressure as well as uniaxial and biaxial strain. The phase transitions are identified by parity analysis and by calculating the surface states. Zero, one, and four Dirac cones are found for the (111) surfaces of both TlBiS2 and TlSbS2 when the pressure grows, which confirms trivial-nontrivial-trivial phase transitions. The Dirac cones at the (M) over bar points are anisotropic with large out-of-plane component. TlBiS2 shows normal, topological, and topological crystalline insulator phases under hydrostatic pressure, thus being the first compound to exhibit a phase transition from a topological to a topological crystalline insulator.
CitationEmergence of topological and topological crystalline phases in TlBiS2 and TlSbS2 2015, 5:8379 Scientific Reports
PublisherNature Publishing Group
- Pressure-induced topological phases of KNa2Bi.
- Authors: Sklyadneva IY, Rusinov IP, Heid R, Bohnen KP, Echenique PM, Chulkov EV
- Issue date: 2016 Apr 11
- Prediction of two-dimensional topological crystalline insulator in PbSe monolayer.
- Authors: Wrasse EO, Schmidt TM
- Issue date: 2014 Oct 8
- Prediction of topological crystalline insulators and topological phase transitions in two-dimensional PbTe films.
- Authors: Jia YZ, Ji WX, Zhang CW, Li P, Zhang SF, Wang PJ, Li SS, Yan SS
- Issue date: 2017 Nov 8
- Topological Crystalline Insulator in a New Bi Semiconducting Phase.
- Authors: Munoz F, Vergniory MG, Rauch T, Henk J, Chulkov EV, Mertig I, Botti S, Marques MA, Romero AH
- Issue date: 2016 Feb 24
- Phase transition studies of Na<sub>3</sub>Bi system under uniaxial strain.
- Authors: Nie T, Meng L, Li Y, Luan Y, Yu J
- Issue date: 2018 Feb 6