Different NaCl-Induced Calcium Signatures in the Arabidopsis thaliana Ecotypes Col-0 and C24
AuthorsSchmöckel, Sandra M.
Garcia, Alexandre F.
Tester, Mark A.
Webb, Alex A. R.
Roy, Stuart J.
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/346680
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA common feature of stress signalling pathways are alterations in the concentration of cytosolic free calcium ([Ca2+]cyt), which allow the specific and rapid transmission of stress signals through a plant after exposure to a stress, such as salinity. Here, we used an aequorin based bioluminescence assay to compare the NaCl-induced changes in [Ca2+]cyt of the Arabidopsis ecotypes Col-0 and C24. We show that C24 lacks the NaCl specific component of the [Ca2+]cyt signature compared to Col-0. This phenotypic variation could be exploited as a screening methodology for the identification of yet unknown components in the early stages of the salt signalling pathway.
CitationDifferent NaCl-Induced Calcium Signatures in the Arabidopsis thaliana Ecotypes Col-0 and C24 2015, 10 (2):e0117564 PLOS ONE
PublisherPublic Library of Science (PLoS)
PubMed Central IDPMC4344247
- NaCl-induced changes in cytosolic free Ca2+ in Arabidopsis thaliana are heterogeneous and modified by external ionic composition.
- Authors: Tracy FE, Gilliham M, Dodd AN, Webb AA, Tester M
- Issue date: 2008 Aug
- Calcium signalling in Arabidopsis thaliana responding to drought and salinity.
- Authors: Knight H, Trewavas AJ, Knight MR
- Issue date: 1997 Nov
- The deposition of suberin lamellae determines the magnitude of cytosolic Ca2+ elevations in root endodermal cells subjected to cooling.
- Authors: Moore CA, Bowen HC, Scrase-Field S, Knight MR, White PJ
- Issue date: 2002 May
- Relationship between NaCl- and H2O2-induced cytosolic Ca2+ increases in response to stress in Arabidopsis.
- Authors: Jiang Z, Zhu S, Ye R, Xue Y, Chen A, An L, Pei ZM
- Issue date: 2013
- Mitogen-activated protein kinase 6 controls root growth in Arabidopsis by modulating Ca2+ -based Na+ flux in root cell under salt stress.
- Authors: Han S, Wang CW, Wang WL, Jiang J
- Issue date: 2014 Mar 1