Different NaCl-Induced Calcium Signatures in the Arabidopsis thaliana Ecotypes Col-0 and C24
AuthorsSchmöckel, Sandra M.
Garcia, Alexandre F.
Tester, Mark A.
Webb, Alex A. R.
Roy, Stuart J.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA common feature of stress signalling pathways are alterations in the concentration of cytosolic free calcium ([Ca2+]cyt), which allow the specific and rapid transmission of stress signals through a plant after exposure to a stress, such as salinity. Here, we used an aequorin based bioluminescence assay to compare the NaCl-induced changes in [Ca2+]cyt of the Arabidopsis ecotypes Col-0 and C24. We show that C24 lacks the NaCl specific component of the [Ca2+]cyt signature compared to Col-0. This phenotypic variation could be exploited as a screening methodology for the identification of yet unknown components in the early stages of the salt signalling pathway.
CitationDifferent NaCl-Induced Calcium Signatures in the Arabidopsis thaliana Ecotypes Col-0 and C24 2015, 10 (2):e0117564 PLOS ONE
PublisherPublic Library of Science (PLoS)
PubMed Central IDPMC4344247
- NaCl-induced changes in cytosolic free Ca2+ in Arabidopsis thaliana are heterogeneous and modified by external ionic composition.
- Authors: Tracy FE, Gilliham M, Dodd AN, Webb AA, Tester M
- Issue date: 2008 Aug
- Calcium signalling in Arabidopsis thaliana responding to drought and salinity.
- Authors: Knight H, Trewavas AJ, Knight MR
- Issue date: 1997 Nov
- The deposition of suberin lamellae determines the magnitude of cytosolic Ca2+ elevations in root endodermal cells subjected to cooling.
- Authors: Moore CA, Bowen HC, Scrase-Field S, Knight MR, White PJ
- Issue date: 2002 May
- Relationship between NaCl- and H2O2-induced cytosolic Ca2+ increases in response to stress in Arabidopsis.
- Authors: Jiang Z, Zhu S, Ye R, Xue Y, Chen A, An L, Pei ZM
- Issue date: 2013
- Mitogen-activated protein kinase 6 controls root growth in Arabidopsis by modulating Ca2+ -based Na+ flux in root cell under salt stress.
- Authors: Han S, Wang CW, Wang WL, Jiang J
- Issue date: 2014 Mar 1