Draft Genome Sequence of an Obligately Methylotrophic Methanogen, Methanococcoides methylutens, Isolated from Marine Sediment
KAUST DepartmentBiological and Environmental Sciences and Engineering (BESE) Division
Red Sea Research Center (RSRC)
Bioscience Core Lab
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractMethanococcoides methylutens, the type species of the genus Methanococcoides, is a slightly halophilic methanogenic archaeon with a methylotrophic metabolism. Here, we present the annotated draft genome sequence of M. methylutens, which comprises 2,508,511 bp with 2,482 coding sequences, 51 tRNA genes, and a G+C content of 42.5%.
CitationGuan Y, Ngugi DK, Blom J, Ali S, Ferry JG, Stingl U. 2014. Draft genome sequence of an obligately methylotrophic methanogen, Methanococcoides methylutens, isolated from marine sediment. Genome Announc. 2(6):e01184-14. doi:10.1128/genomeA.01184-14.
PublisherAmerican Society for Microbiology
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Methanococcoides vulcani sp. nov., a marine methylotrophic methanogen that uses betaine, choline and N,N-dimethylethanolamine for methanogenesis, isolated from a mud volcano, and emended description of the genus Methanococcoides.
- Authors: L'Haridon S, Chalopin M, Colombo D, Toffin L
- Issue date: 2014 Jun
- Isolation and Characterization of a Methylotrophic Marine Methanogen, Methanococcoides methylutens gen. nov., sp. nov.
- Authors: Sowers KR, Ferry JG
- Issue date: 1983 Feb
- Diversity of methanogenic archaea in a mangrove sediment and isolation of a new Methanococcoides strain.
- Authors: Lyimo TJ, Pol A, Jetten MS, den Camp HJ
- Issue date: 2009 Feb
- Isolation and characterization of Methanomethylovorans hollandica gen. nov., sp. nov., isolated from freshwater sediment, a methylotrophic methanogen able to grow on dimethyl sulfide and methanethiol.
- Authors: Lomans BP, Maas R, Luderer R, Op den Camp HJ, Pol A, van der Drift C, Vogels GD
- Issue date: 1999 Aug
- Tetramethylammonium:coenzyme M methyltransferase system from methanococcoides sp
- Authors: Asakawa S, Sauer K, Liesack W, Thauer RK
- Issue date: 1998 Oct