Draft Genome Sequence of an Obligately Methylotrophic Methanogen, Methanococcoides methylutens, Isolated from Marine Sediment
KAUST DepartmentBiological and Environmental Sciences and Engineering (BESE) Division
Bioscience Core Lab
Marine Science Program
Red Sea Research Center (RSRC)
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/337001
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractMethanococcoides methylutens, the type species of the genus Methanococcoides, is a slightly halophilic methanogenic archaeon with a methylotrophic metabolism. Here, we present the annotated draft genome sequence of M. methylutens, which comprises 2,508,511 bp with 2,482 coding sequences, 51 tRNA genes, and a G+C content of 42.5%.
CitationGuan Y, Ngugi DK, Blom J, Ali S, Ferry JG, Stingl U. 2014. Draft genome sequence of an obligately methylotrophic methanogen, Methanococcoides methylutens, isolated from marine sediment. Genome Announc. 2(6):e01184-14. doi:10.1128/genomeA.01184-14.
PublisherAmerican Society for Microbiology
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Isolation and Characterization of a Methylotrophic Marine Methanogen, Methanococcoides methylutens gen. nov., sp. nov.
- Authors: Sowers KR, Ferry JG
- Issue date: 1983 Feb
- Diversity of methanogenic archaea in a mangrove sediment and isolation of a new Methanococcoides strain.
- Authors: Lyimo TJ, Pol A, Jetten MS, den Camp HJ
- Issue date: 2009 Feb
- Isolation and characterization of Methanomethylovorans hollandica gen. nov., sp. nov., isolated from freshwater sediment, a methylotrophic methanogen able to grow on dimethyl sulfide and methanethiol.
- Authors: Lomans BP, Maas R, Luderer R, Op den Camp HJ, Pol A, van der Drift C, Vogels GD
- Issue date: 1999 Aug
- Complete Genome Sequence of the Halophilic Methylotrophic Methanogen Archaeon <i>Methanohalophilus portucalensis</i> Strain FDF-1<sup>T</sup>.
- Authors: L'Haridon S, Corre E, Guan Y, Vinu M, La Cono V, Yakimov M, Stingl U, Toffin L, Jebbar M
- Issue date: 2018 Jan 18
- Tetramethylammonium:coenzyme M methyltransferase system from methanococcoides sp
- Authors: Asakawa S, Sauer K, Liesack W, Thauer RK
- Issue date: 1998 Oct