Aerobic methanotrophic communities at the Red Sea brine-seawater interface
AuthorsAbdallah, Rehab Z.
Ghazy, Mohamed A.
Lafi, Feras Fawzi
Bajic, Vladimir B.
KAUST DepartmentComputer, Electrical and Mathematical Sciences and Engineering (CEMSE) Division
Computational Bioscience Research Center (CBRC)
Applied Mathematics and Computational Science Program
Desert Agriculture Initiative
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/336939
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAbdallah RZ, Adel M, Ouf A, Sayed A, Ghazy MA, Alam I, Essack M, Lafi FF, Bajic VB, El-Dorry H and Siam R (2014) Aerobic methanotrophic communities at the Red Sea brine-seawater interface. Front. Microbiol. 5:487. doi: 10.3389/fmicb.2014.00487
CitationAerobic methanotrophic communities at the Red Sea brine-seawater interface 2014, 5 Frontiers in Microbiology
PublisherFrontiers Media SA
JournalFrontiers in Microbiology
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Unique prokaryotic consortia in geochemically distinct sediments from Red Sea Atlantis II and discovery deep brine pools.
- Authors: Siam R, Mustafa GA, Sharaf H, Moustafa A, Ramadan AR, Antunes A, Bajic VB, Stingl U, Marsis NG, Coolen MJ, Sogin M, Ferreira AJ, Dorry HE
- Issue date: 2012
- Microbial diversity in sediments associated with a shallow methane seep in the tropical Timor Sea of Australia reveals a novel aerobic methanotroph diversity.
- Authors: Wasmund K, Kurtböke DI, Burns KA, Bourne DG
- Issue date: 2009 May
- Microbial diversity of the brine-seawater interface of the Kebrit Deep, Red Sea, studied via 16S rRNA gene sequences and cultivation methods.
- Authors: Eder W, Jahnke LL, Schmidt M, Huber R
- Issue date: 2001 Jul
- Distinctive microbial community structure in highly stratified deep-sea brine water columns.
- Authors: Bougouffa S, Yang JK, Lee OO, Wang Y, Batang Z, Al-Suwailem A, Qian PY
- Issue date: 2013 Jun
- Characterization of C1-metabolizing prokaryotic communities in methane seep habitats at the Kuroshima Knoll, southern Ryukyu Arc, by analyzing pmoA, mmoX, mxaF, mcrA, and 16S rRNA genes.
- Authors: Inagaki F, Tsunogai U, Suzuki M, Kosaka A, Machiyama H, Takai K, Nunoura T, Nealson KH, Horikoshi K
- Issue date: 2004 Dec