Super-Resolution Molecular and Functional Imaging of Nanoscale Architectures in Life and Materials Science
KAUST DepartmentBiological and Environmental Sciences and Engineering (BESE) Division
Single-Molecule Spectroscopy and Microscopy Research Group
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/334609
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractSuper-resolution (SR) fluorescence microscopy has been revolutionizing the way in which we investigate the structures, dynamics, and functions of a wide range of nanoscale systems. In this review, I describe the current state of various SR fluorescence microscopy techniques along with the latest developments of fluorophores and labeling for the SR microscopy. I discuss the applications of SR microscopy in the fields of life science and materials science with a special emphasis on quantitative molecular imaging and nanoscale functional imaging. These studies open new opportunities for unraveling the physical, chemical, and optical properties of a wide range of nanoscale architectures together with their nanostructures and will enable the development of new (bio-)nanotechnology.
CitationHabuchi S (2014) Super-Resolution Molecular and Functional Imaging of Nanoscale Architectures in Life and Materials Science. Front Bioeng Biotechnol 2. doi:10.3389/fbioe.2014.00020.
PublisherFrontiers Media SA
PubMed Central IDPMC4126472
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Toward Sub-Diffraction Imaging of Single-DNA Molecule Sensors Based on Stochastic Switching Localization Microscopy.
- Authors: Lee S, Batjikh I, Kang SH
- Issue date: 2020 Nov 21
- Super-resolution fluorescent materials: an insight into design and bioimaging applications.
- Authors: Yang Z, Sharma A, Qi J, Peng X, Lee DY, Hu R, Lin D, Qu J, Kim JS
- Issue date: 2016 Aug 22
- Ultrasensitive Three-Dimensional Orientation Imaging of Single Molecules on Plasmonic Nanohole Arrays Using Second Harmonic Generation.
- Authors: Sahu SP, Mahigir A, Chidester B, Veronis G, Gartia MR
- Issue date: 2019 Sep 11
- [Comparison and progress review of various super-resolution fluorescence imaging techniques].
- Authors: Chen J, Liu W, Xu Z
- Issue date: 2021 Oct
- Advancing Wireframe DNA Nanostructures Using Single-Molecule Fluorescence Microscopy Techniques.
- Authors: Platnich CM, Hariri AA, Sleiman HF, Cosa G
- Issue date: 2019 Nov 19