Super-Resolution Molecular and Functional Imaging of Nanoscale Architectures in Life and Materials Science
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractSuper-resolution (SR) fluorescence microscopy has been revolutionizing the way in which we investigate the structures, dynamics, and functions of a wide range of nanoscale systems. In this review, I describe the current state of various SR fluorescence microscopy techniques along with the latest developments of fluorophores and labeling for the SR microscopy. I discuss the applications of SR microscopy in the fields of life science and materials science with a special emphasis on quantitative molecular imaging and nanoscale functional imaging. These studies open new opportunities for unraveling the physical, chemical, and optical properties of a wide range of nanoscale architectures together with their nanostructures and will enable the development of new (bio-)nanotechnology.
CitationHabuchi S (2014) Super-Resolution Molecular and Functional Imaging of Nanoscale Architectures in Life and Materials Science. Front Bioeng Biotechnol 2. doi:10.3389/fbioe.2014.00020.
PublisherFrontiers Media SA
PubMed Central IDPMC4126472
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Super-resolution fluorescent materials: an insight into design and bioimaging applications.
- Authors: Yang Z, Sharma A, Qi J, Peng X, Lee DY, Hu R, Lin D, Qu J, Kim JS
- Issue date: 2016 Aug 22
- Recent advances in super-resolution fluorescence imaging and its applications in biology.
- Authors: Han R, Li Z, Fan Y, Jiang Y
- Issue date: 2013 Dec 20
- STED microscopy: increased resolution for medical research?
- Authors: Blom H, Brismar H
- Issue date: 2014 Dec
- Hybrid Nanoscopy of Hybrid Nanomaterials.
- Authors: Bondia P, Jurado R, Casado S, Domínguez-Vera JM, Gálvez N, Flors C
- Issue date: 2017 May
- Single-wavelength-controlled in situ dynamic super-resolution fluorescence imaging for block copolymer nanostructures via blue-light-switchable FRAP.
- Authors: Gong WL, Yan J, Zhao LX, Li C, Huang ZL, Tang BZ, Zhu MQ
- Issue date: 2016 Nov 2