Controlling the Er content of porous silicon using the doping current intensity
Tiddia, Maria V
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe results of an investigation on the Er doping of porous silicon are presented. Electrochemical impedance spectroscopy, optical reflectivity, and spatially resolved energy dispersive spectroscopy (EDS) coupled to scanning electron microscopy measurements were used to investigate on the transient during the first stages of constant current Er doping. Depending on the applied current intensity, the voltage transient displays two very different behaviors, signature of two different chemical processes. The measurements show that, for equal transferred charge and identical porous silicon (PSi) layers, the applied current intensity also influences the final Er content. An interpretative model is proposed in order to describe the two distinct chemical processes. The results can be useful for a better control over the doping process.
CitationMula G, Loddo L, Pinna E, Tiddia MV, Mascia M, et al. (2014) Controlling the Er content of porous silicon using the doping current intensity. Nanoscale Research Letters 9: 332. doi:10.1186/1556-276X-9-332.
JournalNanoscale Research Letters
PubMed Central IDPMC4090651
The following license files are associated with this item:
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/
- Doping porous silicon with erbium: pores filling as a method to limit the Er-clustering effects and increasing its light emission.
- Authors: Mula G, Printemps T, Licitra C, Sogne E, D'Acapito F, Gambacorti N, Sestu N, Saba M, Pinna E, Chiriu D, Ricci PC, Casu A, Quochi F, Mura A, Bongiovanni G, Falqui A
- Issue date: 2017 Jul 20
- Synthesis of colloidal solutions with silicon nanocrystals from porous silicon.
- Authors: Luna López JA, Garzón Román A, Gómez Barojas E, Gracia JF, Martínez Juárez J, Carrillo López J
- Issue date: 2014
- Influence of the doping level on the porosity of silicon nanowires prepared by metal-assisted chemical etching.
- Authors: Geyer N, Wollschläger N, Fuhrmann B, Tonkikh A, Berger A, Werner P, Jungmann M, Krause-Rehberg R, Leipner HS
- Issue date: 2015 Jun 19
- Optical characterization of porous silicon monolayers decorated with hydrogel microspheres.
- Authors: Balderas-Valadez RF, Weiler M, Agarwal V, Pacholski C
- Issue date: 2014
- Immobilisation and synthesis of DNA on Si(111), nanocrystalline porous silicon and silicon nanoparticles.
- Authors: Lie LH, Patole SN, Pike AR, Ryder LC, Connolly BA, Ward AD, Tuite EM, Houlton A, Horrocks BR
- Issue date: 2004