Draft Genome Sequences of Staphylococcus aureus AMRF1 (ST22) and AMRF2 (ST672), Ocular Methicillin-Resistant Isolates
KAUST DepartmentBioscience Core Lab
Online Publication Date2014-03-20
Print Publication Date2014-03-20
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/334599
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractSequence type 22 (ST22) and ST672 are the two major emerging clones of community-acquired methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in India. ST672 strains were found to cause severe ocular infections. We report the draft genome sequences of two emerging strains of methicillin-resistant S. aureus, AMRF1 (ST22) and AMRF2 (ST672), isolated from patients with ocular infections.
CitationVelusamy N, Prakash L, Sivakumar N, Antony A, Prajna L, et al. (2014) Draft Genome Sequences of Staphylococcus aureus AMRF1 (ST22) and AMRF2 (ST672), Ocular Methicillin-Resistant Isolates. Genome Announcements 2: e00168-14-e00168-14. doi:10.1128/genomeA.00168-14.
PublisherAmerican Society for Microbiology
PubMed Central IDPMC3961723
The following license files are associated with this item:
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
- Novel rearrangements in the staphylococcal cassette chromosome mec type V elements of Indian ST772 and ST672 methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus strains.
- Authors: Balakuntla J, Prabhakara S, Arakere G
- Issue date: 2014
- Clonal complexes and virulence factors of Staphylococcus aureus from several cities in India.
- Authors: Shambat S, Nadig S, Prabhakara S, Bes M, Etienne J, Arakere G
- Issue date: 2012 May 1
- Molecular typing revealed the emergence of <i>pvl</i>-positive sequence type 22 methicillin-susceptible <i>Staphylococcus aureus</i> in Urumqi, Northwestern China.
- Authors: Yuan W, Liu J, Zhan Y, Wang L, Jiang Y, Zhang Y, Sun N, Hou N
- Issue date: 2019
- Draft genome sequence of reduced teicoplanin-susceptible and vancomycin-heteroresistant methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus from sepsis cases.
- Authors: Bakthavatchalam YD, Veeraraghavan B, Devanga Ragupathi NK, Babu P, Munuswamy E, David T
- Issue date: 2017 Mar
- Draft genome sequence of Staphylococcus aureus ST672, an emerging disease clone from India.
- Authors: Khedkar S, Prabhakara S, Loganathan RM, S C, Gowda M, Arakere G, Seshasayee AS
- Issue date: 2012 Dec