Draft Genome Sequence of a Highly Flagellated, Fast-Swimming Archaeon, Methanocaldococcus villosus Strain KIN24-T80 (DSM 22612)
Poli Reddy, Dinesh Reddy
KAUST DepartmentBioscience Core Lab
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/334591
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe report the draft genome sequence of a hyperthermophilic Methanocaldococcus villosus strain, KIN24-T80. The gene associated with its heavy flagellum formation was annotated in the 1.2-Mb draft genome sequence, and this strain may be a good model system to study the extensive functional role of flagella and their fast motor activity.
CitationThennarasu S, Polireddy D, Antony A, Yada MR, Algarawi S, et al. (2013) Draft Genome Sequence of a Highly Flagellated, Fast-Swimming Archaeon, Methanocaldococcus villosus Strain KIN24-T80 (DSM 22612). Genome Announcements 1: e00481-13-e00481-13. doi:10.1128/genomeA.00481-13.
PublisherAmerican Society for Microbiology
PubMed Central IDPMC3709152
The following license files are associated with this item:
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
- Methanocaldococcus villosus sp. nov., a heavily flagellated archaeon that adheres to surfaces and forms cell-cell contacts.
- Authors: Bellack A, Huber H, Rachel R, Wanner G, Wirth R
- Issue date: 2011 Jun
- Methanocaldococcus indicus sp. nov., a novel hyperthermophilic methanogen isolated from the Central Indian Ridge.
- Authors: L'Haridon S, Reysenbach AL, Banta A, Messner P, Schumann P, Stackebrandt E, Jeanthon C
- Issue date: 2003 Nov
- Complete genome sequence of the hyperthermophilic methanogen Methanocaldococcus bathoardescens JH146(T) isolated from the basalt subseafloor.
- Authors: Kim YT, Jung JH, Stewart LC, Kwon SW, Holden JF, Park CS
- Issue date: 2015 Dec
- Draft genome sequence of Thermococcus sp. EP1, a novel hyperthermophilic archaeon isolated from a deep-sea hydrothermal vent on the East Pacific Rise.
- Authors: Zhou M, Liu Q, Xie Y, Dong B, Chen X
- Issue date: 2016 Apr
- Draft genome sequence of the extremely halophilic archaeon Halogranum salarium B-1T.
- Authors: Kim KK, Lee KC, Lee JS
- Issue date: 2012 Dec