Draft Genome Sequence of a Highly Flagellated, Fast-Swimming Archaeon, Methanocaldococcus villosus Strain KIN24-T80 (DSM 22612)
Poli Reddy, Dinesh Reddy
KAUST DepartmentBioscience Core Lab
Online Publication Date2013-07-11
Print Publication Date2013-07-11
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/334591
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe report the draft genome sequence of a hyperthermophilic Methanocaldococcus villosus strain, KIN24-T80. The gene associated with its heavy flagellum formation was annotated in the 1.2-Mb draft genome sequence, and this strain may be a good model system to study the extensive functional role of flagella and their fast motor activity.
CitationThennarasu S, Polireddy D, Antony A, Yada MR, Algarawi S, et al. (2013) Draft Genome Sequence of a Highly Flagellated, Fast-Swimming Archaeon, Methanocaldococcus villosus Strain KIN24-T80 (DSM 22612). Genome Announcements 1: e00481-13-e00481-13. doi:10.1128/genomeA.00481-13.
PublisherAmerican Society for Microbiology
PubMed Central IDPMC3709152
The following license files are associated with this item:
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
- Methanocaldococcus villosus sp. nov., a heavily flagellated archaeon that adheres to surfaces and forms cell-cell contacts.
- Authors: Bellack A, Huber H, Rachel R, Wanner G, Wirth R
- Issue date: 2011 Jun
- Crystal structure of the flagellar accessory protein FlaH of Methanocaldococcus jannaschii suggests a regulatory role in archaeal flagellum assembly.
- Authors: Meshcheryakov VA, Wolf M
- Issue date: 2016 Jun
- Methanocaldococcus bathoardescens sp. nov., a hyperthermophilic methanogen isolated from a volcanically active deep-sea hydrothermal vent.
- Authors: Stewart LC, Jung JH, Kim YT, Kwon SW, Park CS, Holden JF
- Issue date: 2015 Apr
- Purification, crystallization and preliminary X-ray crystallographic analysis of the flagellar accessory protein FlaH from the methanogenic archaeon Methanocaldococcus jannaschii.
- Authors: Meshcheryakov VA, Yoon YH, Matsunami H, Wolf M
- Issue date: 2014 Nov
- Permanent draft genome sequence of Desulfurococcus mobilis type strain DSM 2161, a thermoacidophilic sulfur-reducing crenarchaeon isolated from acidic hot springs of Hveravellir, Iceland.
- Authors: Susanti D, Johnson EF, Lapidus A, Han J, Reddy TB, Pilay M, Ivanova NN, Markowitz VM, Woyke T, Kyrpides NC, Mukhopadhyay B
- Issue date: 2016