Genome Sequence of Pseudomonas sp. Strain Chol1, a Model Organism for the Degradation of Bile Salts and Other Steroid Compounds
Bajic, Vladimir B.
KAUST DepartmentComputational Bioscience Research Center (CBRC)
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/334588
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractBacterial degradation of steroid compounds is of high ecological and biotechnological relevance. Pseudomonas sp. strain Chol1 is a model organism for studying the degradation of the steroid compound cholate. Its draft genome sequence is presented and reveals one gene cluster responsible for the metabolism of steroid compounds.
CitationHolert J, Alam I, Larsen M, Antunes A, Bajic VB, et al. (2013) Genome Sequence of Pseudomonas sp. Strain Chol1, a Model Organism for the Degradation of Bile Salts and Other Steroid Compounds. Genome Announcements 1: e00014-12-e00014-12. doi:10.1128/genomeA.00014-12.
PublisherAmerican Society for Microbiology
PubMed Central IDPMC3569358
The following license files are associated with this item:
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
- Biochemical and genetic investigation of initial reactions in aerobic degradation of the bile acid cholate in Pseudomonas sp. strain Chol1.
- Authors: Birkenmaier A, Holert J, Erdbrink H, Moeller HM, Friemel A, Schoenenberger R, Suter MJ, Klebensberger J, Philipp B
- Issue date: 2007 Oct
- Degradation of and sensitivity to cholate in Pseudomonas sp. strain Chol1.
- Authors: Philipp B, Erdbrink H, Suter MJ, Schink B
- Issue date: 2006 Apr
- Identification of a thiolase gene essential for β-oxidation of the acyl side chain of the steroid compound cholate in Pseudomonas sp. strain Chol1.
- Authors: Birkenmaier A, Möller HM, Philipp B
- Issue date: 2011 May
- Identification of bypass reactions leading to the formation of one central steroid degradation intermediate in metabolism of different bile salts in Pseudomonas sp. strain Chol1.
- Authors: Holert J, Yücel O, Jagmann N, Prestel A, Möller HM, Philipp B
- Issue date: 2016 Oct
- A Novel Steroid-Coenzyme A Ligase from Novosphingobium sp. Strain Chol11 Is Essential for an Alternative Degradation Pathway for Bile Salts.
- Authors: Yücel O, Holert J, Ludwig KC, Thierbach S, Philipp B
- Issue date: 2018 Jan 1