Antibacterial Bisabolane-Type Sesquiterpenoids from the Sponge-Derived Fungus Aspergillus sp.
de Voogd, Nicole J.
KAUST DepartmentKAUST Global Academic Partnership Program, Division of Life Science, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Clear Water Bay, Hong Kong, China; Email: (Y.X.); (P.-Y.Q.)
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractFour new bisabolane-type sesquiterpenoids, aspergiterpenoid A (1), (-)-sydonol (2), (-)-sydonic acid (3), and (-)-5-(hydroxymethyl)-2-(2′, 6′,6′-trimethyltetrahydro-2Hpyran-2-yl)phenol (4) together with one known fungal metabolite (5) were isolated from the fermentation broth of a marine-derived fungus Aspergillus sp., which was isolated from the sponge Xestospongia testudinaria collected from the South China Sea. Four of them (1-4) are optically active compounds. Their structures and absolute configurations were elucidated by using NMR spectroscopic techniques and mass spectrometric analysis, and by comparing their optical rotations with those related known analogues. Compounds 1-5 showed selective antibacterial activity against eight bacterial strains with the MIC (minimum inhibiting concentrations) values between 1.25 and 20.0 μM. The cytotoxic, antifouling, and acetylcholinesterase inhibitory activities of these compounds were also examined. © 2012 by the authors; licensee MDPI.
CitationLi D, Xu Y, Shao C-L, Yang R-Y, Zheng C-J, et al. (2012) Antibacterial Bisabolane-Type Sesquiterpenoids from the Sponge-Derived Fungus Aspergillus sp. Marine Drugs 10: 234-241. doi:10.3390/md10010234.
PubMed Central IDPMC3280534
The following license files are associated with this item:
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as This article is an open-access article distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution license (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/).
- New bisabolane sesquiterpenoids from a marine-derived fungus Aspergillus sp. isolated from the sponge Xestospongia testudinaria.
- Authors: Sun LL, Shao CL, Chen JF, Guo ZY, Fu XM, Chen M, Chen YY, Li R, de Voogd NJ, She ZG, Lin YC, Wang CY
- Issue date: 2012 Feb 1
- Five sesquiterpenoids from a marine-derived fungus Aspergillus sp. isolated from a gorgonian Dichotella gemmacea.
- Authors: Wei MY, Wang CY, Liu QA, Shao CL, She ZG, Lin YC
- Issue date: 2010 Mar 29
- New metabolites from the sponge-derived fungus Aspergillus sydowii J05B-7F-4.
- Authors: Liu S, Wang H, Su M, Hwang GJ, Hong J, Jung JH
- Issue date: 2017 Jul
- Novel terpenoids of the fungus Aspergillus insuetus isolated from the Mediterranean sponge Psammocinia sp. collected along the coast of Israel.
- Authors: Cohen E, Koch L, Thu KM, Rahamim Y, Aluma Y, Ilan M, Yarden O, Carmeli S
- Issue date: 2011 Nov 15
- Sesquiterpenoids from the endophytic fungus Trichoderma sp. PR-35 of Paeonia delavayi.
- Authors: Wu SH, Zhao LX, Chen YW, Huang R, Miao CP, Wang J
- Issue date: 2011 Sep