KAUST DepartmentComputer, Electrical and Mathematical Sciences and Engineering (CEMSE) Division
Applied Mathematics and Computational Science Program
Center for Uncertainty Quantification in Computational Science and Engineering (SRI-UQ)
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/334563
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThis article examines mean-field games for marriage. The results support the argument that optimizing the long-term well-being through effort and social feeling state distribution (mean-field) will help to stabilize marriage. However, if the cost of effort is very high, the couple fluctuates in a bad feeling state or the marriage breaks down. We then examine the influence of society on a couple using mean-field sentimental games. We show that, in mean-field equilibrium, the optimal effort is always higher than the one-shot optimal effort. We illustrate numerically the influence of the couple's network on their feeling states and their well-being. © 2014 Bauso et al.
CitationBauso D, Dia BM, Djehiche B, Tembine H, Tempone R (2014) Mean-Field Games for Marriage. PLoS ONE 9: e94933. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0094933.
PublisherPublic Library of Science (PLoS)
PubMed Central IDPMC4012996
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as This is an open-access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/) , which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author and source are credited.
- A mathematical model of sentimental dynamics accounting for marital dissolution.
- Authors: Rey JM
- Issue date: 2010 Mar 31
- A model for computing genes governing marital dissolution through sentimental dynamics.
- Authors: Zhou L, Shen Y, Wu W, Wang Z, Hou W, Zhu S, Wu R
- Issue date: 2014 Jul 21
- Family pediatrics: report of the Task Force on the Family.
- Authors: Schor EL, American Academy of Pediatrics Task Force on the Family.
- Issue date: 2003 Jun
- The newly-weds' decisions on contraception.
- Authors: Guo Y, Lin D, Shi Y, Lou C, Fang K, Li H, Gao E, Zhang D
- Issue date: 1992
- Progress and continued challenges in understanding the transition to parenthood.
- Authors: Cox MJ
- Issue date: 1985 Dec