Anionic polymerization and polyhomologation: An ideal combination to synthesize polyethylene-based block copolymers
KAUST DepartmentChemical Science Program
KAUST Catalysis Center (KCC)
Physical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/334518
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA novel one-pot methodology combining anionic polymerization and polyhomologation, through a "bridge" molecule (BF3OEt 2), was developed for the synthesis of polyethylene (PE)-based block copolymers. The anionically synthesized macroanion reacts with the "bridge" molecule to afford a 3-arm star (trimacromolecular borane) which serves as an initiator for the polyhomologation. 2013 The Royal Society of Chemistry.
CitationZhang H, Alkayal N, Gnanou Y, Hadjichristidis N (2013) Anionic polymerization and polyhomologation: an ideal combination to synthesize polyethylene-based block copolymers. Chemical Communications 49: 8952. doi:10.1039/c3cc44928a.
PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
The following license files are associated with this item:
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as This article is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported Licence.
- Synthesis of bottlebrush polystyrenes with uniform, alternating, and gradient distributions of brushes via living anionic polymerization and hydrosilylation.
- Authors: Ma H, Wang Q, Sang W, Han L, Liu P, Chen J, Li Y, Wang Y
- Issue date: 2015 Apr
- Catenated PS-PMMA block copolymers via supramolecularly templated ATRP initiator approach.
- Authors: Bunha AK, Mangadlao J, Felipe MJ, Pangilinan K, Advincula R
- Issue date: 2012 Jul 26
- Grafting short peptides onto polybutadiene-block-poly(ethylene oxide): a platform for self-assembling hybrid amphiphiles.
- Authors: Geng Y, Discher DE, Justynska J, Schlaad H
- Issue date: 2006 Nov 20
- Diversified applications of chemically modified 1,2-polybutadiene.
- Authors: Yuan J, ten Brummelhuis N, Junginger M, Xie Z, Lu Y, Taubert A, Schlaad H
- Issue date: 2011 Aug 3
- Polymethylene-based copolymers by polyhomologation or by its combination with controlled/living and living polymerizations.
- Authors: Zhang H, Alkayal N, Gnanou Y, Hadjichristidis N
- Issue date: 2014 Feb