MetadataShow full item record
AbstractSummary: SVAMP is a stand-alone desktop application to visualize genomic variants (in variant call format) in the context of geographical metadata. Users of SVAMP are able to generate phylogenetic trees and perform principal coordinate analysis in real time from variant call format (VCF) and associated metadata files. Allele frequency map, geographical map of isolates, Tajima's D metric, single nucleotide polymorphism density, GC and variation density are also available for visualization in real time. We demonstrate the utility of SVAMP in tracking a methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus outbreak from published next-generation sequencing data across 15 countries. We also demonstrate the scalability and accuracy of our software on 245 Plasmodium falciparum malaria isolates from three continents. Availability and implementation: The Qt/C++ software code, binaries, user manual and example datasets are available at http://cbrc.kaust.edu.sa/svamp. © The Author 2014.
CitationNaeem R, Hidayah L, Preston MD, Clark TG, Pain A (2014) SVAMP: sequence variation analysis, maps and phylogeny. Bioinformatics 30: 2227-2229. doi:10.1093/bioinformatics/btu176.
PublisherOxford University Press (OUP)
PubMed Central IDPMC4103593
The following license files are associated with this item:
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as This is an Open Access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/), which permits unrestricted reuse, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- VarB: a variation browsing and analysis tool for variants derived from next-generation sequencing data.
- Authors: Preston MD, Manske M, Horner N, Assefa S, Campino S, Auburn S, Zongo I, Ouedraogo JB, Nosten F, Anderson T, Clark TG
- Issue date: 2012 Nov 15
- VCF-Miner: GUI-based application for mining variants and annotations stored in VCF files.
- Authors: Hart SN, Duffy P, Quest DJ, Hossain A, Meiners MA, Kocher JP
- Issue date: 2016 Mar
- Applications of Tree-Maps to hierarchical biological data.
- Authors: McConnell P, Johnson K, Lin S
- Issue date: 2002 Sep
- myVCF: a desktop application for high-throughput mutations data management.
- Authors: Pietrelli A, Valenti L
- Issue date: 2017 Nov 15
- CrossMap: a versatile tool for coordinate conversion between genome assemblies.
- Authors: Zhao H, Sun Z, Wang J, Huang H, Kocher JP, Wang L
- Issue date: 2014 Apr 1