KAUST DepartmentBiological and Environmental Sciences and Engineering (BESE) Division
Computational Bioscience Research Center (CBRC)
Pathogen Genomics Laboratory
Online Publication Date2014-04-03
Print Publication Date2014-08-01
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/334516
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractSummary: SVAMP is a stand-alone desktop application to visualize genomic variants (in variant call format) in the context of geographical metadata. Users of SVAMP are able to generate phylogenetic trees and perform principal coordinate analysis in real time from variant call format (VCF) and associated metadata files. Allele frequency map, geographical map of isolates, Tajima's D metric, single nucleotide polymorphism density, GC and variation density are also available for visualization in real time. We demonstrate the utility of SVAMP in tracking a methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus outbreak from published next-generation sequencing data across 15 countries. We also demonstrate the scalability and accuracy of our software on 245 Plasmodium falciparum malaria isolates from three continents. Availability and implementation: The Qt/C++ software code, binaries, user manual and example datasets are available at http://cbrc.kaust.edu.sa/svamp. © The Author 2014.
CitationNaeem R, Hidayah L, Preston MD, Clark TG, Pain A (2014) SVAMP: sequence variation analysis, maps and phylogeny. Bioinformatics 30: 2227-2229. doi:10.1093/bioinformatics/btu176.
PublisherOxford University Press (OUP)
PubMed Central IDPMC4103593
The following license files are associated with this item:
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as This is an Open Access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/), which permits unrestricted reuse, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- VarB: a variation browsing and analysis tool for variants derived from next-generation sequencing data.
- Authors: Preston MD, Manske M, Horner N, Assefa S, Campino S, Auburn S, Zongo I, Ouedraogo JB, Nosten F, Anderson T, Clark TG
- Issue date: 2012 Nov 15
- Next-Generation Sequence Analysis Reveals Transfer of Methicillin Resistance to a Methicillin-Susceptible Staphylococcus aureus Strain That Subsequently Caused a Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus Outbreak: a Descriptive Study.
- Authors: Weterings V, Bosch T, Witteveen S, Landman F, Schouls L, Kluytmans J
- Issue date: 2017 Sep
- VCF-Miner: GUI-based application for mining variants and annotations stored in VCF files.
- Authors: Hart SN, Duffy P, Quest DJ, Hossain A, Meiners MA, Kocher JP
- Issue date: 2016 Mar
- Whole genome sequence typing and microarray profiling of nasal and blood stream methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus isolates: Clues to phylogeny and invasiveness.
- Authors: Hamed M, Nitsche-Schmitz DP, Ruffing U, Steglich M, Dordel J, Nguyen D, Brink JH, Chhatwal GS, Herrmann M, Nübel U, Helms V, von Müller L
- Issue date: 2015 Dec
- myVCF: a desktop application for high-throughput mutations data management.
- Authors: Pietrelli A, Valenti L
- Issue date: 2017 Nov 15