Zeolite-like metal–organic frameworks (ZMOFs): design, synthesis, and properties
KAUST DepartmentAdvanced Membranes and Porous Materials Research Center
Chemical Science Program
Functional Materials Design, Discovery and Development (FMD3)
Physical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/333557
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThis review highlights various design and synthesis approaches toward the construction of ZMOFs, which are metal–organic frameworks (MOFs) with topologies and, in some cases, features akin to traditional inorganic zeolites. The interest in this unique subset of MOFs is correlated with their exceptional characteristics arising from the periodic pore systems and distinctive cage-like cavities, in conjunction with modular intra- and/or extra-framework components, which ultimately allow for tailoring of the pore size, pore shape, and/or properties towards specific applications.
CitationZeolite-like metal–organic frameworks (ZMOFs): design, synthesis, and properties 2014 Chem. Soc. Rev.
SponsorsThis work was supported by the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST).
PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
JournalChem. Soc. Rev.
The following license files are associated with this item:
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as This Open Access Article is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Non Commercial 3.0 Unported Licence
- Recent Advances in Zeolite-like Cluster Organic Frameworks.
- Authors: Lin LD, Zhao D, Li XX, Zheng ST
- Issue date: 2019 Jan 7
- Exceptional stability and high hydrogen uptake in hydrogen-bonded metal-organic cubes possessing ACO and AST zeolite-like topologies.
- Authors: Sava DF, Kravtsov VCh, Eckert J, Eubank JF, Nouar F, Eddaoudi M
- Issue date: 2009 Aug 5
- Design and generation of extended zeolitic metal-organic frameworks (ZMOFs): synthesis and crystal structures of zinc(II) imidazolate polymers with zeolitic topologies.
- Authors: Tian YQ, Zhao YM, Chen ZX, Zhang GN, Weng LH, Zhao DY
- Issue date: 2007
- Zeolite-like metal-organic frameworks (ZMOFs) as hydrogen storage platform: lithium and magnesium ion-exchange and H(2)-(rho-ZMOF) interaction studies.
- Authors: Nouar F, Eckert J, Eubank JF, Forster P, Eddaoudi M
- Issue date: 2009 Mar 4
- Zeolite-like metal-organic frameworks (ZMOFs) based on the directed assembly of finite metal-organic cubes (MOCs).
- Authors: Alkordi MH, Brant JA, Wojtas L, Kravtsov VCh, Cairns AJ, Eddaoudi M
- Issue date: 2009 Dec 16