AuthorsSeshadri Sundararajan, Vijayaraghava
Gabere, Musa Nur
Archer, John A.C.
Bajic, Vladimir B.
KAUST DepartmentComputational Bioscience Research Center (CBRC)
Applied Mathematics and Computational Science Program
Computer, Electrical and Mathematical Sciences and Engineering (CEMSE) Division
Online Publication Date2011-11-21
Print Publication Date2012-01
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/325451
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe demand for antimicrobial peptides (AMPs) is rising because of the increased occurrence of pathogens that are tolerant or resistant to conventional antibiotics. Since naturally occurring AMPs could serve as templates for the development of new anti-infectious agents to which pathogens are not resistant, a resource that contains relevant information on AMP is of great interest. To that extent, we developed the Dragon Antimicrobial Peptide Database (DAMPD, http://apps.sanbi.ac.za/dampd) that contains 1232 manually curated AMPs. DAMPD is an update and a replacement of the ANTIMIC database. In DAMPD an integrated interface allows in a simple fashion querying based on taxonomy, species, AMP family, citation, keywords and a combination of search terms and fields (Advanced Search). A number of tools such as Blast, ClustalW, HMMER, Hydrocalculator, SignalP, AMP predictor, as well as a number of other resources that provide additional information about the results are also provided and integrated into DAMPD to augment biological analysis of AMPs. The Author(s) 2011. Published by Oxford University Press.
CitationSeshadri Sundararajan V, Gabere MN, Pretorius A, Adam S, Christoffels A, et al. (2012) DAMPD: a manually curated antimicrobial peptide database. Nucleic Acids Research 40: D1108-D1112. doi:10.1093/nar/gkr1063.
PublisherOxford University Press (OUP)
JournalNucleic Acids Research
PubMed Central IDPMC3244992
The following license files are associated with this item:
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as This is an Open Access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/3.0), which permits unrestricted non-commercial use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- ANTIMIC: a database of antimicrobial sequences.
- Authors: Brahmachary M, Krishnan SP, Koh JL, Khan AM, Seah SH, Tan TW, Brusic V, Bajic VB
- Issue date: 2004 Jan 1
- BaAMPs: the database of biofilm-active antimicrobial peptides.
- Authors: Di Luca M, Maccari G, Maisetta G, Batoni G
- Issue date: 2015
- DBAASP: database of antimicrobial activity and structure of peptides.
- Authors: Gogoladze G, Grigolava M, Vishnepolsky B, Chubinidze M, Duroux P, Lefranc MP, Pirtskhalava M
- Issue date: 2014 Aug
- dbAMP: an integrated resource for exploring antimicrobial peptides with functional activities and physicochemical properties on transcriptome and proteome data.
- Authors: Jhong JH, Chi YH, Li WC, Lin TH, Huang KY, Lee TY
- Issue date: 2019 Jan 8
- PhytAMP: a database dedicated to antimicrobial plant peptides.
- Authors: Hammami R, Ben Hamida J, Vergoten G, Fliss I
- Issue date: 2009 Jan