READSCAN: A fast and scalable pathogen discovery program with accurate genome relative abundance estimation
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractSummary: READSCAN is a highly scalable parallel program to identify non-host sequences (of potential pathogen origin) and estimate their genome relative abundance in high-throughput sequence datasets. READSCAN accurately classified human and viral sequences on a 20.1 million reads simulated dataset in <27 min using a small Beowulf compute cluster with 16 nodes (Supplementary Material). Availability: http://cbrc.kaust.edu.sa/readscan Contact: or email@example.com Supplementary information: Supplementary data are available at Bioinformatics online. 2012 The Author(s).
CitationNaeem R, Rashid M, Pain A (2012) READSCAN: a fast and scalable pathogen discovery program with accurate genome relative abundance estimation. Bioinformatics 29: 391-392. doi:10.1093/bioinformatics/bts684.
PublisherOxford University Press (OUP)
PubMed Central IDPMC3562070
The following license files are associated with this item:
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0
- Inferring viral quasispecies spectra from 454 pyrosequencing reads.
- Authors: Astrovskaya I, Tork B, Mangul S, Westbrooks K, Măndoiu I, Balfe P, Zelikovsky A
- Issue date: 2011
- Fusobacterium nucleatum infection is prevalent in human colorectal carcinoma.
- Authors: Castellarin M, Warren RL, Freeman JD, Dreolini L, Krzywinski M, Strauss J, Barnes R, Watson P, Allen-Vercoe E, Moore RA, Holt RA
- Issue date: 2012 Feb
- Rapid identification of non-human sequences in high-throughput sequencing datasets.
- Authors: Bhaduri A, Qu K, Lee CS, Ungewickell A, Khavari PA
- Issue date: 2012 Apr 15
- Identifying viral integration sites using SeqMap 2.0.
- Authors: Hawkins TB, Dantzer J, Peters B, Dinauer M, Mockaitis K, Mooney S, Cornetta K
- Issue date: 2011 Mar 1
- Btrim: a fast, lightweight adapter and quality trimming program for next-generation sequencing technologies.
- Authors: Kong Y
- Issue date: 2011 Aug