KAUST DepartmentPhysical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/325423
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractElectron transport through a quantum dot or single molecule coupled to a quantum oscillator is studied by the Keldysh nonequilibrium Green's function formalism to obtain insight into the quantum dynamics of the electronic and oscillator degrees of freedom. We tune the electronic level of the quantum dot by a gate voltage, where the leads are kept at zero temperature. Due to the nonequilibrium distribution of the electrons in the quantum dot, the spectral function becomes a function of the gate voltage. Novel spectral features are identified for the ground and excited states of nanomechanical oscillators that can be used to enhance the measurement sensitivity.
CitationTahir M, MacKinnon A, Schwingenschlögl U (2014) Novel spectral features of nanoelectromechanical systems. Sci Rep 4. doi:10.1038/srep04035.
PublisherNature Publishing Group
PubMed Central IDPMC3925967
The following license files are associated with this item:
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/
- A new approach to time-dependent transport through an interacting quantum dot within the Keldysh formalism.
- Authors: Vovchenko V, Anchishkin D, Azema J, Lombardo P, Hayn R, Daré AM
- Issue date: 2014 Jan 8
- SymGF: a symbolic tool for quantum transport analysis and its application to a double quantum dot system.
- Authors: Feng Z, Sun QF, Wan L, Guo H
- Issue date: 2011 Oct 19
- Nonequilibrium perturbation theory in Liouville-Fock space for inelastic electron transport.
- Authors: Dzhioev AA, Kosov DS
- Issue date: 2012 Jun 6
- Green's functions from real-time bold-line Monte Carlo calculations: spectral properties of the nonequilibrium Anderson impurity model.
- Authors: Cohen G, Gull E, Reichman DR, Millis AJ
- Issue date: 2014 Apr 11
- Probing an Individual Electron Spin State in a Quantum Dot with Spin Bias.
- Authors: Yin H, Li Z, Feng L, Xue H, Li H, Liu X
- Issue date: 2018 Mar 1