Pressure controlled transition into a self-induced topological superconducting surface state
KAUST DepartmentPhysical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAb-initio calculations show a pressure induced trivial-nontrivial-trivial topological phase transition in the normal state of 1T-TiSe2. The pressure range in which the nontrivial phase emerges overlaps with that of the superconducting ground state. Thus, topological superconductivity can be induced in protected surface states by the proximity effect of superconducting bulk states. This kind of self-induced topological surface superconductivity is promising for a realization of Majorana fermions due to the absence of lattice and chemical potential mismatches. For appropriate electron doping, the formation of the topological superconducting surface state in 1T-TiSe 2 becomes accessible to experiments as it can be controlled by pressure.
CitationZhu Z, Cheng Y, Schwingenschlögl U (2014) Pressure controlled transition into a self-induced topological superconducting surface state. Sci Rep 4. doi:10.1038/srep04025.
PublisherNature Publishing Group
PubMed Central IDPMC3916898
The following license files are associated with this item:
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/
- Topological Superconductivity on the Surface of Fe-Based Superconductors.
- Authors: Xu G, Lian B, Tang P, Qi XL, Zhang SC
- Issue date: 2016 Jul 22
- Superconductivity in topological insulator Sb2Te3 induced by pressure.
- Authors: Zhu J, Zhang JL, Kong PP, Zhang SJ, Yu XH, Zhu JL, Liu QQ, Li X, Yu RC, Ahuja R, Yang WG, Shen GY, Mao HK, Weng HM, Dai X, Fang Z, Zhao YS, Jin CQ
- Issue date: 2013
- Topological Superconductivity in Dirac Semimetals.
- Authors: Kobayashi S, Sato M
- Issue date: 2015 Oct 30
- Helical Majorana fermions in d(x2-y2) + id(xy)-wave topological superconductivity of doped correlated quantum spin Hall insulators.
- Authors: Sun SJ, Chung CH, Chang YY, Tsai WF, Zhang FC
- Issue date: 2016 Apr 11
- Majorana modes at the ends of superconductor vortices in doped topological insulators.
- Authors: Hosur P, Ghaemi P, Mong RS, Vishwanath A
- Issue date: 2011 Aug 26