Pressure controlled transition into a self-induced topological superconducting surface state
KAUST DepartmentComputational Physics and Materials Science (CPMS)
KAUST Supercomputing Laboratory (KSL)
Material Science and Engineering Program
Physical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
Online Publication Date2014-02-07
Print Publication Date2015-05
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/325422
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAb-initio calculations show a pressure induced trivial-nontrivial-trivial topological phase transition in the normal state of 1T-TiSe2. The pressure range in which the nontrivial phase emerges overlaps with that of the superconducting ground state. Thus, topological superconductivity can be induced in protected surface states by the proximity effect of superconducting bulk states. This kind of self-induced topological surface superconductivity is promising for a realization of Majorana fermions due to the absence of lattice and chemical potential mismatches. For appropriate electron doping, the formation of the topological superconducting surface state in 1T-TiSe 2 becomes accessible to experiments as it can be controlled by pressure.
CitationZhu Z, Cheng Y, Schwingenschlögl U (2014) Pressure controlled transition into a self-induced topological superconducting surface state. Sci Rep 4. doi:10.1038/srep04025.
PubMed Central IDPMC3916898
The following license files are associated with this item:
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/
- Topological Superconductivity on the Surface of Fe-Based Superconductors.
- Authors: Xu G, Lian B, Tang P, Qi XL, Zhang SC
- Issue date: 2016 Jul 22
- Signatures of Topological Superconductivity in Bulk-Insulating Topological Insulator BiSbTe<sub>1.25</sub>Se<sub>1.75</sub> in Proximity with Superconducting NbSe<sub>2</sub>.
- Authors: Banerjee A, Sundaresh A, Ganesan R, Kumar PSA
- Issue date: 2018 Dec 26
- Superconductivity in topological insulator Sb2Te3 induced by pressure.
- Authors: Zhu J, Zhang JL, Kong PP, Zhang SJ, Yu XH, Zhu JL, Liu QQ, Li X, Yu RC, Ahuja R, Yang WG, Shen GY, Mao HK, Weng HM, Dai X, Fang Z, Zhao YS, Jin CQ
- Issue date: 2013
- Emergence of intrinsic superconductivity below 1.178 K in the topologically non-trivial semimetal state of CaSn<sub>3</sub>.
- Authors: Zhu YL, Hu J, Womack FN, Graf D, Wang Y, Adams PW, Mao ZQ
- Issue date: 2019 Jun 19
- Topological Superconductivity in Dirac Semimetals.
- Authors: Kobayashi S, Sato M
- Issue date: 2015 Oct 30