Suppression of the two-dimensional electron gas in LaGaO3/SrTiO3 by cation intermixing
KAUST DepartmentMaterials Science and Engineering Program
Physical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/325396
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractCation intermixing at the n-type polar LaGaO 3 /SrTiO 3 (001) interface is investigated by first principles calculations. Ti"Ga, Sr"La, and SrTi"LaGa intermixing are studied in comparison to each other, with a focus on the interface stability. We demonstrate in which cases intermixing is energetically favorable as compared to a clean interface. A depopulation of the Ti 3d xy orbitals under cation intermixing is found, reflecting a complete suppression of the two-dimensional electron gas present at the clean interface.
CitationNazir S, Amin B, Schwingenschlögl U (2013) Suppression of the two-dimensional electron gas in LaGaO3/SrTiO3 by cation intermixing. Sci Rep 3. doi:10.1038/srep03409.
PubMed Central IDPMC3847700
The following license files are associated with this item:
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/
- Tunable magnetic and half-metallic properties of the two-dimensional electron gas in LaAlO<sub>3</sub>/SrTiO<sub>3</sub>(111) heterostructures.
- Authors: Du YL, Bu HX, Ji CJ, Zhang XM, Li CL, Fang XN
- Issue date: 2019 Aug 21
- Nb and Ta layer doping effects on the interfacial energetics and electronic properties of LaAlO3/SrTiO3 heterostructure: first-principles analysis.
- Authors: Nazir S, Behtash M, Cheng J, Luo J, Yang K
- Issue date: 2016 Jan 28
- Interface Energetics and Charge Carrier Density Amplification by Sn-Doping in LaAlO3/SrTiO3 Heterostructure.
- Authors: Nazir S, Cheng J, Behtash M, Luo J, Yang K
- Issue date: 2015 Jul 8
- Atomic-resolved depth profile of strain and cation intermixing around LaAlO3/SrTiO3 interfaces.
- Authors: Zaid H, Berger MH, Jalabert D, Walls M, Akrobetu R, Fongkaew I, Lambrecht WR, Goble NJ, Gao XP, Berger P, Sehirlioglu A
- Issue date: 2016 Jun 15
- Tailoring the Two Dimensional Electron Gas at Polar ABO3/SrTiO3 Interfaces for Oxide Electronics.
- Authors: Li C, Liu Z, Lü W, Wang XR, Annadi A, Huang Z, Zeng S, Ariando, Venkatesan T
- Issue date: 2015 Aug 26