KAUST DepartmentPhysical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe present electronic structure and transport calculations for hydrogen and lithium chains, using density functional theory and scattering theory on the Green's function level, to systematically study impurity effects on the transmission coefficient. To this end we address various impurity configurations. Tight-binding results allow us to interpret our the findings. We analyze under which circumstances impurities lead to level splitting and/or can be used to switch between metallic and insulating states. We also address the effects of strongly electronegative impurities.
CitationWunderlich T, Akgenc B, Eckern U, Schuster C, Schwingenschlögl U (2013) Modified Li chains as atomic switches. Sci Rep 3. doi:10.1038/srep02605.
PublisherNature Publishing Group
PubMed Central IDPMC3764446
The following license files are associated with this item:
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/
- Electronic properties of a quantum wire interacting with a surface: the role of periodically placed impurities.
- Authors: Kwapiński T
- Issue date: 2013 Oct 16
- Improving hydrogen storage capacity of MOF by functionalization of the organic linker with lithium atoms.
- Authors: Klontzas E, Mavrandonakis A, Tylianakis E, Froudakis GE
- Issue date: 2008 Jun
- Electronic structure and optical properties of 1T-TiS2 and lithium intercalated 1T-TiS2 for lithium batteries.
- Authors: Reshak AH, Kityk IV, Auluck S
- Issue date: 2008 Aug 21
- Electronic structure and transport of a carbon chain between graphene nanoribbon leads.
- Authors: Zhang GP, Fang XW, Yao YX, Wang CZ, Ding ZJ, Ho KM
- Issue date: 2011 Jan 19
- Nonequilibrium quantum transport properties of a silver atomic switch.
- Authors: Wang Z, Kadohira T, Tada T, Watanabe S
- Issue date: 2007 Sep