Nonlinearly-enhanced energy transport in many dimensional quantum chaos
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/325390
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractBy employing a nonlinear quantum kicked rotor model, we investigate the transport of energy in multidimensional quantum chaos. This problem has profound implications in many fields of science ranging from Anderson localization to time reversal of classical and quantum waves. We begin our analysis with a series of parallel numerical simulations, whose results show an unexpected and anomalous behavior. We tackle the problem by a fully analytical approach characterized by Lie groups and solitons theory, demonstrating the existence of a universal, nonlinearly-enhanced diffusion of the energy in the system, which is entirely sustained by soliton waves. Numerical simulations, performed with different models, show a perfect agreement with universal predictions. A realistic experiment is discussed in two dimensional dipolar Bose-Einstein-Condensates (BEC). Besides the obvious implications at the fundamental level, our results show that solitons can form the building block for the realization of new systems for the enhanced transport of matter.
CitationBrambila DS, Fratalocchi A (2013) Nonlinearly-enhanced energy transport in many dimensional quantum chaos. Sci Rep 3. doi:10.1038/srep02359.
PublisherNature Publishing Group
PubMed Central IDPMC3733059
The following license files are associated with this item:
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
- A review of sigma models for quantum chaotic dynamics.
- Authors: Altland A, Gnutzmann S, Haake F, Micklitz T
- Issue date: 2015 Jul
- Fidelity of the quantum δ-kicked accelerator.
- Authors: Shrestha RK, Wimberger S, Ni J, Lam WK, Summy GS
- Issue date: 2013 Feb
- Nonlinear energy transfer in classical and quantum systems.
- Authors: Manevitch L, Kovaleva A
- Issue date: 2013 Feb
- Stationary solutions for the 2+1 nonlinear Schrödinger equation modeling Bose-Einstein condensates in radial potentials.
- Authors: Mallory K, Van Gorder RA
- Issue date: 2014 Aug
- From nodeless clouds and vortices to gray ring solitons and symmetry-broken states in two-dimensional polariton condensates.
- Authors: Rodrigues AS, Kevrekidis PG, Carretero-González R, Cuevas-Maraver J, Frantzeskakis DJ, Palmero F
- Issue date: 2014 Apr 16