Large linear magnetoresistance and shubnikov-de hass oscillations in single crystals of YPdBi heusler topological insulators
KAUST DepartmentCore Labs
Material Science and Engineering Program
Physical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
Preprint Posting Date2013-07-11
Online Publication Date2013-07-12
Print Publication Date2013-12
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/325385
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe report the observation of a large linear magnetoresistance (MR) and Shubnikov-de Hass (SdH) quantum oscillations in single crystals of YPdBi Heusler topological insulators. Owning to the successfully obtained the high-quality YPdBi single crystals, large non-saturating linear MR of as high as 350% at 5K and over 120% at 300K under a moderate magnetic field of 7T is observed. In addition to the large, field-linear MR, the samples exhibit pronounced SdH quantum oscillations at low temperature. Analysis of the SdH data manifests that the high-mobility bulk electron carriers dominate the magnetotransport and are responsible for the observed large linear MR in YPdBi crystals. These findings imply that the Heusler-based topological insulators have superiorities for investigating the novel quantum transport properties and developing the potential applications.
CitationWang W, Du Y, Xu G, Zhang X, Liu E, et al. (2013) Large Linear Magnetoresistance and Shubnikov-de Hass Oscillations in Single Crystals of YPdBi Heusler Topological Insulators. Sci Rep 3. doi:10.1038/srep02181.
PubMed Central IDPMC3709161
The following license files are associated with this item:
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivative Works 3.0 Unported License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/
- CORRIGENDUM: Large Linear Magnetoresistance and Shubnikov-de Hass Oscillations in Single Crystals of YPdBi Heusler Topological Insulators.
- Authors: Wang W, Du Y, Xu G, Zhang X, Liu E, Liu Z, Shi Y, Chen J, Wu G, Zhang XX
- Issue date: 2015 Jan 16
- Evidence for topological surface states in metallic single crystals of Bi₂Te₃.
- Authors: Barua S, Rajeev KP, Gupta AK
- Issue date: 2015 Jan 14
- Shubnikov-de Haas oscillations, weak antilocalization effect and large linear magnetoresistance in the putative topological superconductor LuPdBi.
- Authors: Pavlosiuk O, Kaczorowski D, Wiśniewski P
- Issue date: 2015 Mar 17
- High-mobility Bi2Se3 nanoplates manifesting quantum oscillations of surface states in the sidewalls.
- Authors: Yan Y, Wang LX, Ke X, Van Tendeloo G, Wu XS, Yu DP, Liao ZM
- Issue date: 2014 Jan 22
- Mobility-Fluctuation-Controlled Linear Positive Magnetoresistance in 2D Semiconductor Bi<sub>2</sub>O<sub>2</sub>Se Nanoplates.
- Authors: Li P, Han A, Zhang C, He X, Zhang J, Zheng D, Cheng L, Li LJ, Miao GX, Zhang XX
- Issue date: 2020 Sep 22