Plasmon based biosensor for distinguishing different peptides mutation states
Zaccaria, Remo Proietti
Di Fabrizio, Enzo M.
KAUST DepartmentBiological and Environmental Sciences and Engineering (BESE) Division
Materials Science and Engineering Program
Physical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/325383
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPeriodic and reproducible gold nanocuboids with various matrix dimensions and with different inter-particle gaps were fabricated by means of top-down technique. Rhodamine 6G was used as a probe molecule to optimize the design and the fabrication of the cuboid nanostructures. The electric field distribution for the nanocuboids with varying matrix dimensions/inter-particle gap was also investigated. These SERS devices were employed as biosensors through the investigation of both myoglobin and wild/mutated peptides. The results demonstrate the probing and the screening of wild/mutated BRCA1 peptides, thus opening a path for the fabrication of simple and cheap SERS device capable of early detection of several diseases.
CitationDas G, Chirumamilla M, Toma A, Gopalakrishnan A, Zaccaria RP, et al. (2013) Plasmon based biosensor for distinguishing different peptides mutation states. Sci Rep 3. doi:10.1038/srep01792.
PubMed Central IDPMC3647166
The following license files are associated with this item:
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/
- Electrochemical and optical biosensors based on nanomaterials and nanostructures: a review.
- Authors: Li M, Li R, Li CM, Wu N
- Issue date: 2011 Jun 1
- All-thermoplastic nanoplasmonic microfluidic device for transmission SPR biosensing.
- Authors: Malic L, Morton K, Clime L, Veres T
- Issue date: 2013 Mar 7
- Gap structure effects on surface-enhanced Raman scattering intensities for gold gapped rods.
- Authors: Li S, Pedano ML, Chang SH, Mirkin CA, Schatz GC
- Issue date: 2010 May 12
- Nanogold-plasmon-resonance-based glucose sensing.
- Authors: Aslan K, Lakowicz JR, Geddes CD
- Issue date: 2004 Jul 1
- Fabrication of large-area ordered and reproducible nanostructures for SERS biosensor application.
- Authors: Das G, Patra N, Gopalakrishnan A, Zaccaria RP, Toma A, Thorat S, Di Fabrizio E, Diaspro A, Salerno M
- Issue date: 2012 Apr 21