Online monitoring of printed electronics by Spectral-Domain Optical Coherence Tomography
KAUST DepartmentKAUST Solar Center (KSC)
Physical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
Chemical and Biological Engineering Program
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractSpectral-Domain Optical Coherence Tomography (SD-OCT) is an optical method capable of 3D imaging of object's internal structure with micron-scale resolution. Modern SD-OCT tools offer the speed capable of online monitoring of printed devices. This paper demonstrates the use of SD-OCT in a simulated roll-to-roll (R2R) process through monitoring some structural properties of moving screen printed interdigitated electrodes. It is shown that structural properties can be resolved for speeds up to ca. 1m/min, which is the first step towards application of this method in real manufacturing processes, including roll-to-roll (R2R) printing.
CitationAlarousu E, AlSaggaf A, Jabbour GE (2013) Online monitoring of printed electronics by Spectral-Domain Optical Coherence Tomography. Sci Rep 3. doi:10.1038/srep01562.
PublisherNature Publishing Group
PubMed Central IDPMC3610099
The following license files are associated with this item:
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/
- Roll-to-Roll Gravure Printed Electrochemical Sensors for Wearable and Medical Devices.
- Authors: Bariya M, Shahpar Z, Park H, Sun J, Jung Y, Gao W, Nyein HYY, Liaw TS, Tai LC, Ngo QP, Chao M, Zhao Y, Hettick M, Cho G, Javey A
- Issue date: 2018 Jul 24
- Optical coherence tomography for age-related macular degeneration and diabetic macular edema: an evidence-based analysis.
- Authors: Health Quality Ontario.
- Issue date: 2009
- Ultrahigh speed spectral / Fourier domain OCT ophthalmic imaging at 70,000 to 312,500 axial scans per second.
- Authors: Potsaid B, Gorczynska I, Srinivasan VJ, Chen Y, Jiang J, Cable A, Fujimoto JG
- Issue date: 2008 Sep 15
- R2R-printed inverted OPV modules--towards arbitrary patterned designs.
- Authors: Välimäki M, Apilo P, Po R, Jansson E, Bernardi A, Ylikunnari M, Vilkman M, Corso G, Puustinen J, Tuominen J, Hast J
- Issue date: 2015 Jun 7
- Ultra high-resolution anterior segment optical coherence tomography in the diagnosis and management of ocular surface squamous neoplasia.
- Authors: Thomas BJ, Galor A, Nanji AA, El Sayyad F, Wang J, Dubovy SR, Joag MG, Karp CL
- Issue date: 2014 Jan