Online monitoring of printed electronics by Spectral-Domain Optical Coherence Tomography
KAUST DepartmentChemical Engineering Program
KAUST Solar Center (KSC)
Physical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
Online Publication Date2013-03-28
Print Publication Date2013-12
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/325380
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractSpectral-Domain Optical Coherence Tomography (SD-OCT) is an optical method capable of 3D imaging of object's internal structure with micron-scale resolution. Modern SD-OCT tools offer the speed capable of online monitoring of printed devices. This paper demonstrates the use of SD-OCT in a simulated roll-to-roll (R2R) process through monitoring some structural properties of moving screen printed interdigitated electrodes. It is shown that structural properties can be resolved for speeds up to ca. 1m/min, which is the first step towards application of this method in real manufacturing processes, including roll-to-roll (R2R) printing.
CitationAlarousu E, AlSaggaf A, Jabbour GE (2013) Online monitoring of printed electronics by Spectral-Domain Optical Coherence Tomography. Sci Rep 3. doi:10.1038/srep01562.
PubMed Central IDPMC3610099
The following license files are associated with this item:
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/
- Roll-to-Roll Gravure Printed Electrochemical Sensors for Wearable and Medical Devices.
- Authors: Bariya M, Shahpar Z, Park H, Sun J, Jung Y, Gao W, Nyein HYY, Liaw TS, Tai LC, Ngo QP, Chao M, Zhao Y, Hettick M, Cho G, Javey A
- Issue date: 2018 Jul 24
- Paper-Embedded Roll-to-Roll Mass Printed Piezoelectric Transducers.
- Authors: Schmidt GC, Panicker PM, Qiu X, Benjamin AJ, Quintana Soler RA, Wils I, Hübler AC
- Issue date: 2021 Feb
- Fully-printed electrochemical sensors made with flexible screen-printed electrodes modified by roll-to-roll slot-die coating.
- Authors: Cagnani GR, Ibáñez-Redín G, Tirich B, Gonçalves D, Balogh DT, Oliveira ON Jr
- Issue date: 2020 Oct 1
- A fully roll-to-roll gravure-printed carbon nanotube-based active matrix for multi-touch sensors.
- Authors: Lee W, Koo H, Sun J, Noh J, Kwon KS, Yeom C, Choi Y, Chen K, Javey A, Cho G
- Issue date: 2015 Dec 4
- Gravure-Printed Flexible Perovskite Solar Cells: Toward Roll-to-Roll Manufacturing.
- Authors: Kim YY, Yang TY, Suhonen R, Välimäki M, Maaninen T, Kemppainen A, Jeon NJ, Seo J
- Issue date: 2019 Apr 3