Visualization of arrangements of carbon atoms in graphene layers by Raman mapping and atomic-resolution TEM
KAUST DepartmentAdvanced Nanofabrication, Imaging and Characterization Core Lab
Imaging and Characterization Core Lab
Material Science and Engineering Program
Physical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
Online Publication Date2013-02-01
Print Publication Date2013-12
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/325375
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIn-plane and out-of-plane arrangements of carbon atoms in graphene layers play critical roles in the fundamental physics and practical applications of these novel two-dimensional materials. Here, we report initial results on the edge/crystal orientations and stacking orders of bi-and tri-layer graphene (BLG and TLG) from Raman spectroscopy and transmission electron microscopy (TEM) experiments performed on the same sample. We introduce a new method of transferring graphene flakes onto a normal TEM grid. Using this novel method, we probed the BLG and TLG flakes that had been previously investigated by Raman scattering with high-resolution (atomic) TEM.
CitationCong C, Li K, Zhang XX, Yu T (2013) Visualization of arrangements of carbon atoms in graphene layers by Raman mapping and atomic-resolution TEM. Sci Rep 3. doi:10.1038/srep01195.
PubMed Central IDPMC3561624
The following license files are associated with this item:
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareALike 3.0 Unported License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/
- Electrochemistry of Q-graphene.
- Authors: Randviir EP, Brownson DA, Gómez-Mingot M, Kampouris DK, Iniesta J, Banks CE
- Issue date: 2012 Oct 21
- Low voltage transmission electron microscopy of graphene.
- Authors: Bachmatiuk A, Zhao J, Gorantla SM, Martinez IG, Wiedermann J, Lee C, Eckert J, Rummeli MH
- Issue date: 2015 Feb 4
- Nanoscale imaging of freestanding nitrogen doped single layer graphene.
- Authors: Iyer GR, Wang J, Wells G, Bradley MP, Borondics F
- Issue date: 2015 Feb 14
- Graphene ultrathin film electrode for detection of lead ions in acetate buffer solution.
- Authors: Wang Z, Liu E
- Issue date: 2013 Jan 15
- Second-order overtone and combination Raman modes of graphene layers in the range of 1690-2150 cm(-1).
- Authors: Cong C, Yu T, Saito R, Dresselhaus GF, Dresselhaus MS
- Issue date: 2011 Mar 22