Akrawi, Sabah H
Tolley, Luke T
Zaater, Mohammed F
Emwas, Abdul-Hamid M.
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/325348
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractBackground: This study assessed the relative bioavailability of two formulations of ibuprofen. The first formulation was Doloraz , produced by Al-Razi Pharmaceutical Company, Amman, Jordan. The second forumulation was Brufen , manufactured by Boots Company, Nottingham, UK. Methods and results: A prestudy validation of ibuprofen demonstrated long-term stability, freeze-thaw stability, precision, and accuracy. Twenty-four healthy volunteers were enrolled in this study. After overnight fasting, the two formulations (test and reference) of ibuprofen (100 mg ibuprofen/5 mL suspension) were administered as a single dose on two treatment days separated by a one-week washout period. After dosing, serial blood samples were drawn for a period of 14 hours. Serum harvested from the blood samples was analyzed for the presence of ibuprofen by high-pressure liquid chromatography with ultraviolet detection. Pharmacokinetic parameters were determined from serum concentrations for both formulations. The 90% confidence intervals of the ln-transformed test/reference treatment ratios for peak plasma concentration and area under the concentration-time curve (AUC) parameters were found to be within the predetermined acceptable interval of 80%-125% set by the US Food and Drug Administration. Conclusion: Analysis of variance for peak plasma concentrations and AUC parameters showed no significant difference between the two formulations and, therefore, Doloraz was considered bioequivalent to Brufen. 2011 Al-Talla et al, publisher and licensee Dove Medical Press Ltd.
CitationAl-Talla Z, Akrawi, Tolley, Zaater, Emwas, et al. (2011) Bioequivalence assessment of two formulations of ibuprofen. DDDT: 427. doi:10.2147/DDDT.S24504.
PublisherInforma UK Limited
PubMed Central IDPMC3210071
- Pharmacokinetic and bioequivalence studies of ibuprofen suspension after a single-dose administration in healthy Chinese volunteers.
- Authors: Song H, Zhang R, Wei C, Yuan G, Liu X, Li R, Wang B, Guo R
- Issue date: 2013 Aug
- Pharmacokinetics and Bioavailability of a Fixed-Dose Combination of Ibuprofen and Paracetamol after Intravenous and Oral Administration.
- Authors: Atkinson HC, Stanescu I, Frampton C, Salem II, Beasley CP, Robson R
- Issue date: 2015 Oct
- Comparative bioavailability of two tablet formulations of ibuprofen.
- Authors: el-Sayed YM, Gouda MW, al-Khamis KI, al-Meshal MA, al-Dhawailie AA, al-Rayes S, Bin-Salih SA, al-Rashood KA
- Issue date: 1995 May
- A single-dose, randomized, two-way crossover study comparing two olanzapine tablet products in healthy adult male volunteers under fasting conditions.
- Authors: Elshafeey AH, Elsherbiny MA, Fathallah MM
- Issue date: 2009 Mar
- Comparative bioavailability of three ibuprofen formulations in healthy human volunteers.
- Authors: Mendes GD, Mendes FD, Domingues CC, Oliveira RA, da Silva MA, Chen LS, Ilha JO, Fernandes CE, Nucci GD
- Issue date: 2008 Jun