Akrawi, Sabah H
Tolley, Luke T
Zaater, Mohammed F
Emwas, Abdul-Hamid M.
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/325348
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractBackground: This study assessed the relative bioavailability of two formulations of ibuprofen. The first formulation was Doloraz , produced by Al-Razi Pharmaceutical Company, Amman, Jordan. The second forumulation was Brufen , manufactured by Boots Company, Nottingham, UK. Methods and results: A prestudy validation of ibuprofen demonstrated long-term stability, freeze-thaw stability, precision, and accuracy. Twenty-four healthy volunteers were enrolled in this study. After overnight fasting, the two formulations (test and reference) of ibuprofen (100 mg ibuprofen/5 mL suspension) were administered as a single dose on two treatment days separated by a one-week washout period. After dosing, serial blood samples were drawn for a period of 14 hours. Serum harvested from the blood samples was analyzed for the presence of ibuprofen by high-pressure liquid chromatography with ultraviolet detection. Pharmacokinetic parameters were determined from serum concentrations for both formulations. The 90% confidence intervals of the ln-transformed test/reference treatment ratios for peak plasma concentration and area under the concentration-time curve (AUC) parameters were found to be within the predetermined acceptable interval of 80%-125% set by the US Food and Drug Administration. Conclusion: Analysis of variance for peak plasma concentrations and AUC parameters showed no significant difference between the two formulations and, therefore, Doloraz was considered bioequivalent to Brufen. 2011 Al-Talla et al, publisher and licensee Dove Medical Press Ltd.
CitationAl-Talla Z, Akrawi, Tolley, Zaater, Emwas, et al. (2011) Bioequivalence assessment of two formulations of ibuprofen. DDDT: 427. doi:10.2147/DDDT.S24504.
PublisherInforma UK Limited
PubMed Central IDPMC3210071
- Pharmacokinetic and bioequivalence studies of ibuprofen suspension after a single-dose administration in healthy Chinese volunteers.
- Authors: Song H, Zhang R, Wei C, Yuan G, Liu X, Li R, Wang B, Guo R
- Issue date: 2013 Aug
- Relative bioavailability and pharmacokinetic properties of two different enteric formulations of esomeprazole in healthy Bangladeshi male volunteers: An open-label, single-dose, randomized-sequence, two-way crossover study.
- Authors: Ullah MA, Shams-Ud-Dowla, Maruf AA, Azad MA, Shohag MH, Sultana R, Latif AH, Hasnat A
- Issue date: 2010 Jul
- Comparative bioavailability of two tablet formulations of ibuprofen.
- Authors: el-Sayed YM, Gouda MW, al-Khamis KI, al-Meshal MA, al-Dhawailie AA, al-Rayes S, Bin-Salih SA, al-Rashood KA
- Issue date: 1995 May
- Bioavailability of two oral suspension and two oral tablet formulations of acyclovir 400 mg: two single-dose, open-label, randomized, two-period crossover comparisons in healthy Mexican adult subjects.
- Authors: Palma-Aguirre JA, Absalón-Reyes JA, Novoa-Heckel G, de Lago A, Oliva I, Rodríguez Z, González-de la Parra M, Burke-Fraga V, Namur S
- Issue date: 2007 Jun