Location-specific responses to thermal stress in larvae of the reef-building coral Montastraea faveolata.
AuthorsPolato, Nicholas R
Voolstra, Christian R.
DeSalvo, Michael K
Randall, Carly J
Szmant, Alina M
Baums, Iliana B
KAUST DepartmentRed Sea Research Center (RSRC)
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe potential to adapt to a changing climate depends in part upon the standing genetic variation present in wild populations. In corals, the dispersive larval phase is particularly vulnerable to the effects of environmental stress. Larval survival and response to stress during dispersal and settlement will play a key role in the persistence of coral populations.
CitationPolato NR, Voolstra CR, Schnetzer J, DeSalvo MK, Randall CJ, et al. (2010) Location-Specific Responses to Thermal Stress in Larvae of the Reef-Building Coral Montastraea faveolata. PLoS ONE 5: e11221. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0011221.
PublisherPublic Library of Science (PLoS)
PubMed Central IDPMC2890407
- Differential gene expression during thermal stress and bleaching in the Caribbean coral Montastraea faveolata.
- Authors: DeSalvo MK, Voolstra CR, Sunagawa S, Schwarz JA, Stillman JH, Coffroth MA, Szmant AM, Medina M
- Issue date: 2008 Sep
- Development of a coral cDNA array to examine gene expression profiles in Montastraea faveolata exposed to environmental stress.
- Authors: Edge SE, Morgan MB, Gleason DF, Snell TW
- Issue date: 2005
- Effects of temperature on gene expression in embryos of the coral Montastraea faveolata.
- Authors: Voolstra CR, Schnetzer J, Peshkin L, Randall CJ, Szmant AM, Medina M
- Issue date: 2009 Dec 23
- Phenotypic variance predicts symbiont population densities in corals: a modeling approach.
- Authors: van Woesik R, Shiroma K, Koksal S
- Issue date: 2010 Feb 12
- High natural gene expression variation in the reef-building coral Acropora millepora: potential for acclimative and adaptive plasticity.
- Authors: Granados-Cifuentes C, Bellantuono AJ, Ridgway T, Hoegh-Guldberg O, Rodriguez-Lanetty M
- Issue date: 2013 Apr 8