Induction of apoptosis in cancer cell lines by the Red Sea brine pool bacterial extracts.
Hikmawan, Tyas I.
Bajic, Vladimir B.
KAUST DepartmentRed Sea Research Center (RSRC)
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractMarine microorganisms are considered to be an important source of bioactive molecules against various diseases and have great potential to increase the number of lead molecules in clinical trials. Progress in novel microbial culturing techniques as well as greater accessibility to unique oceanic habitats has placed the marine environment as a new frontier in the field of natural product drug discovery.
CitationSagar S, Esau L, Holtermann K, Hikmawan T, Zhang G, et al. (2013) Induction of apoptosis in cancer cell lines by the Red Sea brine pool bacterial extracts. BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine 13: 344. doi:10.1186/1472-6882-13-344.
PubMed Central IDPMC4235048
- Cytotoxic and apoptotic evaluations of marine bacteria isolated from brine-seawater interface of the Red Sea.
- Authors: Sagar S, Esau L, Hikmawan T, Antunes A, Holtermann K, Stingl U, Bajic VB, Kaur M
- Issue date: 2013 Feb 6
- A novel polysaccharide, isolated from Angelica sinensis (Oliv.) Diels induces the apoptosis of cervical cancer HeLa cells through an intrinsic apoptotic pathway.
- Authors: Cao W, Li XQ, Wang X, Fan HT, Zhang XN, Hou Y, Liu SB, Mei QB
- Issue date: 2010 Jul
- Investigation of the mechanism and apoptotic pathway induced by 4β cinnamido linked podophyllotoxins against human lung cancer cells A549.
- Authors: Kamal A, Nayak VL, Bagul C, Vishnuvardhan MV, Mallareddy A
- Issue date: 2015 Nov
- Bryonia dioica aqueous extract induces apoptosis through mitochondrial intrinsic pathway in BL41 Burkitt's lymphoma cells.
- Authors: Benarba B, Meddah B, Aoues A
- Issue date: 2012 May 7
- Apoptosis is induced in cancer cells via the mitochondrial pathway by the novel xylocydine-derived compound JRS-15.
- Authors: Sun C, Guo XX, Zhu D, Xiao C, Bai X, Li Y, Zhan Z, Li XL, Song ZG, Jin YH
- Issue date: 2013 Jan 4