Genome sequence of Salinisphaera shabanensis, a gammaproteobacterium from the harsh, variable environment of the brine-seawater interface of the Shaban Deep in the Red Sea.
KAUST DepartmentRed Sea Research Center (RSRC)
Computer, Electrical and Mathematical Sciences and Engineering (CEMSE) Division
Computational Bioscience Research Center (CBRC)
Applied Mathematics and Computational Science Program
Marine Science Program
Biological and Environmental Sciences and Engineering (BESE) Division
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/323523
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe present the genome of Salinisphaera shabanensis, isolated from a brine-seawater interface and representing a new order within the Gammaproteobacteria. Its adaptations to physicochemical and nutrient availability fluctuations include six genes encoding heavy metal-translocating P-type ATPases and multiple genes involved in iron uptake, siderophore production, and poly-β-hydroxybutyrate synthesis.
CitationAntunes A, Alam I, Bajic VB, Stingl U (2011) Genome Sequence of Salinisphaera shabanensis, a Gammaproteobacterium from the Harsh, Variable Environment of the Brine-Seawater Interface of the Shaban Deep in the Red Sea. Journal of Bacteriology 193: 4555-4556. doi:10.1128/JB.05459-11.
PublisherAmerican Society for Microbiology
JournalJournal of bacteriology
PubMed Central IDPMC3165523
CollectionsArticles; Biological and Environmental Sciences and Engineering (BESE) Division; Red Sea Research Center (RSRC); Marine Science Program; Applied Mathematics and Computational Science Program; Computational Bioscience Research Center (CBRC); Computer, Electrical and Mathematical Sciences and Engineering (CEMSE) Division; Plankton Genomics, part of the Global Ocean Genome Project
- Salinisphaera shabanensis gen. nov., sp. nov., a novel, moderately halophilic bacterium from the brine-seawater interface of the Shaban Deep, Red Sea.
- Authors: Antunes A, Eder W, Fareleira P, Santos H, Huber R
- Issue date: 2003 Feb
- Salinisphaera hydrothermalis sp. nov., a mesophilic, halotolerant, facultatively autotrophic, thiosulfate-oxidizing gammaproteobacterium from deep-sea hydrothermal vents, and emended description of the genus Salinisphaera.
- Authors: Crespo-Medina M, Chatziefthimiou A, Cruz-Matos R, Pérez-Rodríguez I, Barkay T, Lutz RA, Starovoytov V, Vetriani C
- Issue date: 2009 Jun
- Salinisphaera dokdonensis sp. nov., isolated from surface seawater.
- Authors: Bae GD, Hwang CY, Kim HM, Cho BC
- Issue date: 2010 Mar
- Genome sequence of Gallaecimonas xiamenensis type strain 3-C-1.
- Authors: Lai Q, Wang L, Wang W, Shao Z
- Issue date: 2012 Dec
- Genome sequence of strain IMCC3088, a proteorhodopsin-containing marine bacterium belonging to the OM60/NOR5 clade.
- Authors: Jang Y, Oh HM, Kang I, Lee K, Yang SJ, Cho JC
- Issue date: 2011 Jul