Genome sequence of Salinisphaera shabanensis, a gammaproteobacterium from the harsh, variable environment of the brine-seawater interface of the Shaban Deep in the Red Sea.
KAUST DepartmentRed Sea Research Center (RSRC)
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/323523
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe present the genome of Salinisphaera shabanensis, isolated from a brine-seawater interface and representing a new order within the Gammaproteobacteria. Its adaptations to physicochemical and nutrient availability fluctuations include six genes encoding heavy metal-translocating P-type ATPases and multiple genes involved in iron uptake, siderophore production, and poly-β-hydroxybutyrate synthesis.
CitationAntunes A, Alam I, Bajic VB, Stingl U (2011) Genome Sequence of Salinisphaera shabanensis, a Gammaproteobacterium from the Harsh, Variable Environment of the Brine-Seawater Interface of the Shaban Deep in the Red Sea. Journal of Bacteriology 193: 4555-4556. doi:10.1128/JB.05459-11.
PublisherAmerican Society for Microbiology
JournalJournal of bacteriology
PubMed Central IDPMC3165523
- Salinisphaera shabanensis gen. nov., sp. nov., a novel, moderately halophilic bacterium from the brine-seawater interface of the Shaban Deep, Red Sea.
- Authors: Antunes A, Eder W, Fareleira P, Santos H, Huber R
- Issue date: 2003 Feb
- Salinisphaera hydrothermalis sp. nov., a mesophilic, halotolerant, facultatively autotrophic, thiosulfate-oxidizing gammaproteobacterium from deep-sea hydrothermal vents, and emended description of the genus Salinisphaera.
- Authors: Crespo-Medina M, Chatziefthimiou A, Cruz-Matos R, Pérez-Rodríguez I, Barkay T, Lutz RA, Starovoytov V, Vetriani C
- Issue date: 2009 Jun
- Salinisphaera dokdonensis sp. nov., isolated from surface seawater.
- Authors: Bae GD, Hwang CY, Kim HM, Cho BC
- Issue date: 2010 Mar
- Genome sequence of Gallaecimonas xiamenensis type strain 3-C-1.
- Authors: Lai Q, Wang L, Wang W, Shao Z
- Issue date: 2012 Dec
- Genome sequence of strain IMCC3088, a proteorhodopsin-containing marine bacterium belonging to the OM60/NOR5 clade.
- Authors: Jang Y, Oh HM, Kang I, Lee K, Yang SJ, Cho JC
- Issue date: 2011 Jul