Genome sequence of the novel marine member of the Gammaproteobacteria strain HTCC5015.
AuthorsThrash, J Cameron
Vergin, Kevin L
Giovannoni, Stephen J
KAUST DepartmentBiological and Environmental Sciences and Engineering (BESE) Division
Marine Microbial Ecology Research Group
Marine Science Program
Red Sea Research Center (RSRC)
Online Publication Date2010-05-14
Print Publication Date2010-07-15
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/323522
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractHTCC5015 is a novel, highly divergent marine member of the Gammaproteobacteria, currently without a cultured representative with greater than 89% 16S rRNA gene identity to itself. The organism was isolated from water collected from Hydrostation S south of Bermuda using high-throughput dilution-to-extinction culturing techniques. Here we present the genome sequence of the unique Gammaproteobacterium strain HTCC5015.
CitationThrash JC, Stingl U, Cho J-C, Ferriera S, Johnson J, et al. (2010) Genome Sequence of the Novel Marine Member of the Gammaproteobacteria Strain HTCC5015. Journal of Bacteriology 192: 3838-3839. doi:10.1128/JB.00510-10.
PublisherAmerican Society for Microbiology
JournalJournal of bacteriology
PubMed Central IDPMC2897356
- Genome sequence of the Marine Janibacter Sp. Strain HTCC2649.
- Authors: Thrash JC, Cho JC, Bertagnolli AD, Ferriera S, Johnson J, Vergin KL, Giovannoni SJ
- Issue date: 2011 Jan
- Genome sequences of strains HTCC2148 and HTCC2080, belonging to the OM60/NOR5 clade of the Gammaproteobacteria.
- Authors: Thrash JC, Cho JC, Ferriera S, Johnson J, Vergin KL, Giovannoni SJ
- Issue date: 2010 Jul
- Genome sequence of the oligotrophic marine Gammaproteobacterium HTCC2143, isolated from the Oregon Coast.
- Authors: Oh HM, Kang I, Ferriera S, Giovannoni SJ, Cho JC
- Issue date: 2010 Sep
- Genome sequence of strain HIMB55, a novel marine gammaproteobacterium of the OM60/NOR5 clade.
- Authors: Huggett MJ, Rappé MS
- Issue date: 2012 May
- Genome sequence of strain IMCC1989, a novel member of the marine gammaproteobacteria.
- Authors: Jang Y, Oh HM, Kim H, Kang I, Cho JC
- Issue date: 2011 Jul