Effects of temperature on gene expression in embryos of the coral Montastraea faveolata.
Article - BMC Genomics - Effects of temperature on gene expression in embryos of the coral Montastraea faveolata - 2009.pdf
Article - Full Text
AuthorsVoolstra, Christian R.
Randall, Carly J
Szmant, Alina M
KAUST DepartmentRed Sea Research Center (RSRC)
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/323511
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractCoral reefs are expected to be severely impacted by rising seawater temperatures associated with climate change. This study used cDNA microarrays to investigate transcriptional effects of thermal stress in embryos of the coral Montastraea faveolata. Embryos were exposed to 27.5 degrees C, 29.0 degrees C, and 31.5 degrees C directly after fertilization. Differences in gene expression were measured after 12 and 48 hours.
CitationVoolstra CR, Schnetzer J, Peshkin L, Randall CJ, Szmant AM, et al. (2009) Effects of temperature on gene expression in embryos of the coral Montastraea faveolata. BMC Genomics 10: 627. doi:10.1186/1471-2164-10-627.
PubMed Central IDPMC2807443
- Differential gene expression during thermal stress and bleaching in the Caribbean coral Montastraea faveolata.
- Authors: DeSalvo MK, Voolstra CR, Sunagawa S, Schwarz JA, Stillman JH, Coffroth MA, Szmant AM, Medina M
- Issue date: 2008 Sep
- Development of a coral cDNA array to examine gene expression profiles in Montastraea faveolata exposed to environmental stress.
- Authors: Edge SE, Morgan MB, Gleason DF, Snell TW
- Issue date: 2005
- Early molecular responses of coral larvae to hyperthermal stress.
- Authors: Rodriguez-Lanetty M, Harii S, Hoegh-Guldberg O
- Issue date: 2009 Dec
- Location-specific responses to thermal stress in larvae of the reef-building coral Montastraea faveolata.
- Authors: Polato NR, Voolstra CR, Schnetzer J, DeSalvo MK, Randall CJ, Szmant AM, Medina M, Baums IB
- Issue date: 2010 Jun 23
- Coral host transcriptomic states are correlated with Symbiodinium genotypes.
- Authors: DeSalvo MK, Sunagawa S, Fisher PL, Voolstra CR, Iglesias-Prieto R, Medina M
- Issue date: 2010 Mar