INDIGO - INtegrated data warehouse of microbial genomes with examples from the red sea extremophiles.
Ba Alawi, Wail
Kalkatawi, Manal M.
Bajic, Vladimir B.
KAUST DepartmentRed Sea Research Center (RSRC)
Computer, Electrical and Mathematical Sciences and Engineering (CEMSE) Division
Computational Bioscience Research Center (CBRC)
Computer Science Program
Marine Science Program
Biological and Environmental Sciences and Engineering (BESE) Division
Applied Mathematics and Computational Science Program
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/323508
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe next generation sequencing technologies substantially increased the throughput of microbial genome sequencing. To functionally annotate newly sequenced microbial genomes, a variety of experimental and computational methods are used. Integration of information from different sources is a powerful approach to enhance such annotation. Functional analysis of microbial genomes, necessary for downstream experiments, crucially depends on this annotation but it is hampered by the current lack of suitable information integration and exploration systems for microbial genomes.
CitationAlam I, Antunes A, Kamau AA, Ba alawi Wail, Kalkatawi M, et al. (2013) INDIGO - INtegrated Data Warehouse of MIcrobial GenOmes with Examples from the Red Sea Extremophiles. PLoS ONE 8: e82210. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0082210.
PublisherPublic Library of Science (PLoS)
PubMed Central IDPMC3855842
CollectionsArticles; Biological and Environmental Sciences and Engineering (BESE) Division; Red Sea Research Center (RSRC); Marine Science Program; Applied Mathematics and Computational Science Program; Computer Science Program; Computational Bioscience Research Center (CBRC); Computer, Electrical and Mathematical Sciences and Engineering (CEMSE) Division
- Mining a database of single amplified genomes from Red Sea brine pool extremophiles-improving reliability of gene function prediction using a profile and pattern matching algorithm (PPMA).
- Authors: Grötzinger SW, Alam I, Ba Alawi W, Bajic VB, Stingl U, Eppinger J
- Issue date: 2014
- Supporting community annotation and user collaboration in the integrated microbial genomes (IMG) system.
- Authors: Chen IM, Markowitz VM, Palaniappan K, Szeto E, Chu K, Huang J, Ratner A, Pillay M, Hadjithomas M, Huntemann M, Mikhailova N, Ovchinnikova G, Ivanova NN, Kyrpides NC
- Issue date: 2016 Apr 26
- IMG 4 version of the integrated microbial genomes comparative analysis system.
- Authors: Markowitz VM, Chen IM, Palaniappan K, Chu K, Szeto E, Pillay M, Ratner A, Huang J, Woyke T, Huntemann M, Anderson I, Billis K, Varghese N, Mavromatis K, Pati A, Ivanova NN, Kyrpides NC
- Issue date: 2014 Jan
- BEACON: automated tool for Bacterial GEnome Annotation ComparisON.
- Authors: Kalkatawi M, Alam I, Bajic VB
- Issue date: 2015 Aug 18
- MycoBASE: expanding the functional annotation coverage of mycobacterial genomes.
- Authors: Garcia BJ, Datta G, Davidson RM, Strong M
- Issue date: 2015 Dec 24