Gene clusters involved in isethionate degradation by terrestrial and marine bacteria.
Article - Applied and Environmental Microbiology - Gene clusters involved in isethionate degradation by terrestrial and marine bacteria - 2010.pdf
Article - Full Text
KAUST DepartmentBiological and Environmental Sciences and Engineering (BESE) Division
Marine Science Program
Red Sea Research Center (RSRC)
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/323502
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractUbiquitous isethionate (2-hydroxyethanesulfonate) is dissimilated by diverse bacteria. Growth of Cupriavidus necator H16 with isethionate was observed, as was inducible membrane-bound isethionate dehydrogenase (IseJ) and inducible transcription of the genes predicted to encode IseJ and a transporter (IseU). Biodiversity in isethionate transport genes was observed and investigated by transcription experiments.
CitationWeinitschke S, Sharma PI, Stingl U, Cook AM, Smits THM (2009) Gene Clusters Involved in Isethionate Degradation by Terrestrial and Marine Bacteria. Applied and Environmental Microbiology 76: 618-621. doi:10.1128/AEM.01818-09.
PublisherAmerican Society for Microbiology
PubMed Central IDPMC2805217
- The DUF81 protein TauE in Cupriavidus necator H16, a sulfite exporter in the metabolism of C2 sulfonates.
- Authors: Weinitschke S, Denger K, Cook AM, Smits TH
- Issue date: 2007 Sep
- Isethionate formation from taurine in Chromohalobacter salexigens: purification of sulfoacetaldehyde reductase.
- Authors: Krejcík Z, Hollemeyer K, Smits TH, Cook AM
- Issue date: 2010 May
- Sulfoacetate is degraded via a novel pathway involving sulfoacetyl-CoA and sulfoacetaldehyde in Cupriavidus necator H16.
- Authors: Weinitschke S, Hollemeyer K, Kusian B, Bowien B, Smits TH, Cook AM
- Issue date: 2010 Nov 12
- Molecular genetics and biochemistry of N-acetyltaurine degradation by Cupriavidus necator H16.
- Authors: Denger K, Lehmann S, Cook AM
- Issue date: 2011 Oct
- Enzymes and genes of taurine and isethionate dissimilation in Paracoccus denitrificans.
- Authors: Brüggemann C, Denger K, Cook AM, Ruff J
- Issue date: 2004 Apr