KAUST DepartmentComputational Physics and Materials Science (CPMS)
KAUST Supercomputing Laboratory (KSL)
Materials Science and Engineering Program
Physical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
Supercomputing, Computational Scientists
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/315748
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWith the use of ab initio calculations, the topological phase diagrams of bulk and monolayer TiS2−xTex are established. Whereas bulk TiS2−xTex shows two strong topological phases [1;(000)] and [1;(001)] for 0.44<x<0.56 and 0.56<x<1, respectively, the monolayer is topologically nontrivial for 0.48<x<0.80. Because in the latter doping range the topologically nontrivial nature survives down to a monolayer, TiS2−xTex is a unique system for studying topological phases in three and two dimensions simultaneously.
CitationZhu Z, Cheng Y, Schwingenschlögl U (2013) Topological Phase Diagrams of Bulk and Monolayer TiS2-xTex. Physical Review Letters 110. doi:10.1103/PhysRevLett.110.077202.
PublisherAmerican Physical Society (APS)
JournalPhysical Review Letters
- Transport and topological properties of ThOCh(Ch: S, Se and Te) in bulk and monolayer: a first principles study.
- Authors: Kumar Sharma V, Sreeparvathy PC, Anees P, Kanchana V
- Issue date: 2019 Oct 30
- Topological properties determined by atomic buckling in self-assembled ultrathin Bi(110).
- Authors: Lu Y, Xu W, Zeng M, Yao G, Shen L, Yang M, Luo Z, Pan F, Wu K, Das T, He P, Jiang J, Martin J, Feng YP, Lin H, Wang XS
- Issue date: 2015 Jan 14
- Topologically nontrivial narrow bands in ultrathin SnTe films with defect superstructures.
- Authors: Kim M, Ihm J
- Issue date: 2014 Jun 11
- Topological phase transitions of (BixSb1-x)2Se3 alloys by density functional theory.
- Authors: Abdalla LB, Padilha José E, Schmidt TM, Miwa RH, Fazzio A
- Issue date: 2015 Jul 1
- Robust two-dimensional topological insulators in methyl-functionalized bismuth, antimony, and lead bilayer films.
- Authors: Ma Y, Dai Y, Kou L, Frauenheim T, Heine T
- Issue date: 2015 Feb 11