KAUST DepartmentPhysical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
Computational Physics and Materials Science (CPMS)
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWith the use of ab initio calculations, the topological phase diagrams of bulk and monolayer TiS2−xTex are established. Whereas bulk TiS2−xTex shows two strong topological phases [1;(000)] and [1;(001)] for 0.44<x<0.56 and 0.56<x<1, respectively, the monolayer is topologically nontrivial for 0.48<x<0.80. Because in the latter doping range the topologically nontrivial nature survives down to a monolayer, TiS2−xTex is a unique system for studying topological phases in three and two dimensions simultaneously.
CitationZhu Z, Cheng Y, Schwingenschlögl U (2013) Topological Phase Diagrams of Bulk and Monolayer TiS2-xTex. Physical Review Letters 110. doi:10.1103/PhysRevLett.110.077202.
PublisherAmerican Physical Society (APS)
JournalPhysical Review Letters
- Topological properties determined by atomic buckling in self-assembled ultrathin Bi(110).
- Authors: Lu Y, Xu W, Zeng M, Yao G, Shen L, Yang M, Luo Z, Pan F, Wu K, Das T, He P, Jiang J, Martin J, Feng YP, Lin H, Wang XS
- Issue date: 2015 Jan 14
- Topologically nontrivial narrow bands in ultrathin SnTe films with defect superstructures.
- Authors: Kim M, Ihm J
- Issue date: 2014 Jun 11
- Topological phase transitions of (BixSb1-x)2Se3 alloys by density functional theory.
- Authors: Abdalla LB, Padilha José E, Schmidt TM, Miwa RH, Fazzio A
- Issue date: 2015 Jul 1
- Robust two-dimensional topological insulators in methyl-functionalized bismuth, antimony, and lead bilayer films.
- Authors: Ma Y, Dai Y, Kou L, Frauenheim T, Heine T
- Issue date: 2015 Feb 11
- Crystal field effect induced topological crystalline insulators in monolayer IV-VI semiconductors.
- Authors: Liu J, Qian X, Fu L
- Issue date: 2015 Apr 8