On the phenomenon of large photoluminescence red shift in GaN nanoparticles
AuthorsBen Slimane, Ahmed
Anjum, Dalaver H.
Elafandy, Rami T.
Ng, Tien Khee
San Roman Alerigi, Damian
Ooi, Boon S.
KAUST DepartmentComputer, Electrical and Mathematical Sciences and Engineering (CEMSE) Division
Electrical Engineering Program
Imaging and Characterization Core Lab
Online Publication Date2013-07-31
Print Publication Date2013
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/312264
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe report on the observation of broad photoluminescence wavelength tunability from n-type gallium nitride nanoparticles (GaN NPs) fabricated using the ultraviolet metal-assisted electroless etching method. Transmission and scanning electron microscopy measurements performed on the nanoparticles revealed large size dispersion ranging from 10 to 100 nm. Nanoparticles with broad tunable emission wavelength from 362 to 440 nm have been achieved by exciting the samples using the excitation power-dependent method. We attribute this large wavelength tunability to the localized potential fluctuations present within the GaN matrix and to vacancy-related surface states. Our results show that GaN NPs fabricated using this technique are promising for tunable-color-temperature white light-emitting diode applications. © 2013 Slimane et al.; licensee Springer.
CitationSlimane A, Najar A, Elafandy R, San-Román-Alerigi DP, Anjum D, et al. (2013) On the phenomenon of large photoluminescence red shift in GaN nanoparticles. Nanoscale Research Letters 8: 342. doi:10.1186/1556-276X-8-342.
JournalNanoscale Research Letters
PubMed Central IDPMC3733736
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Emission Characteristics of InGaN/GaN Core-Shell Nanorods Embedded in a 3D Light-Emitting Diode.
- Authors: Jung BO, Bae SY, Lee S, Kim SY, Lee JY, Honda Y, Amano H
- Issue date: 2016 Dec
- Nanotexturing of GaN light-emitting diode material through mask-less dry etching.
- Authors: Dylewicz R, Khokhar AZ, Wasielewski R, Mazur P, Rahman F
- Issue date: 2011 Feb 4
- PL Tunable GaN Nanoparticles Synthesis through Femtosecond Pulsed Laser Ablation in Different Environments.
- Authors: Hao J, Xu S, Gao B, Pan L
- Issue date: 2020 Feb 29
- GaN-based ultraviolet light-emitting diodes with AlN/GaN/InGaN multiple quantum wells.
- Authors: Chang HM, Lai WC, Chen WS, Chang SJ
- Issue date: 2015 Apr 6
- Mg 2+-doped GaN nanoparticles as blue-light emitters: a method to avoid sintering at high temperatures.
- Authors: Mahalingam V, Sudarsan V, Munusamy P, van Veggel FC, Wang R, Steckl AJ, Raudsepp M
- Issue date: 2008 Jan