Geophysical modeling of one of the world’s most important fossil sites reveals the history of the site where early humankind evolved.
The field studies of this project were carried out by Gerard Schuster, Sherif Hanafy and doctoral student Kai Lu.
Olduvai George is located in north Tanzania, almost 6 hours’ drive distance from Arusha and 2 hours from Karato. The project was carried out over four trips.
- Conference PaperRobust Imaging Methodology for Challenging Environments: Wave Equation Dispersion Inversion of Surface Waves
- ArticleOpportunities and pitfalls in surface-wave interpretation
- ArticleWave-equation dispersion inversion
- DatasetData: Olduvai Gorge Project Trip # 4
- DatasetData: Olduvai Gorge Project Trip # 3