Numerical Mathematics Group22
Research within the Numerical Mathematics Group at KAUST focuses on the design, analysis, and implementation of numerical methods for ordinary and partial differential equations, as well as application of numerical methods to problems in nonlinear wave propagation. Their work spans the numerical method development pipeline from theoretical numerical analysis, to computational experimentation, to software development and high performance computational science, in collaboration with application domain researchers. Particular emphasis is placed on robustness, wide applicability, and efficiency.
- ArticleTwo-dimensional wave propagation in layered periodic media
- ArticleInternal Error Propagation in Explicit Runge--Kutta Methods
- ArticleError Analysis of Explicit Partitioned Runge–Kutta Schemes for Conservation Laws
- ArticleA comparison of high-order explicit Runge–Kutta, extrapolation, and deferred correction methods in serial and parallel
- Technical ReportPropagation of internal errors in explicit Runge–Kutta methods and internal stability of SSP and extrapolation methods